2008 Volkswagen GTI

2 3 4 5 6  Next
good, Excellent by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/06/2008. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen GTI 2.0T Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It is German, and it is the best! My parents had a VW in the 70's when I was a little girl.
Cons: none
Overall review: excellent! good
BUY ONE NOW !!! WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED by SPIDERMAN on 02/22/2014. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen GTI 2.0T Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: BMW, MERCEDES-BENZ, PONTIAC G6 GT, NISSAN MAXIMA, INFINITI G35, THEY ALL CAN'T SEEM TO GET AWAY FROM THIS VW GTI I WONDER WHY ??? ABSOLUTE BLAST " LITERALLY " TO DRIVE, GREAT HANDLING, ACCELERATION, HUGS THE ROAD LIKE A BIG BEAR HUG.
Cons: PREMIUM GAS, BUT DRIVING PLEASURE PUTS THAT TO REST
Overall review: WOW DUDE, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!
Review ID: #581908 Is this review offensive?
Perfect Car - For Some Folks, at Least by Chuck on 08/21/2013. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen GTI, Owned 1 year.
Pros: After two new early 2000's GTI's I "came back" with a used (VW Certified) 2008 R-32 last year as a second car. Hard to find! Nothing quite like this car. With 6 spd dual clutch auto, all wheel drive, V-6 power and all the bells/whistles it is just about the perfect car for me. And, oh, that exhaust note - pure music! No power seat? Ah shucks, who cares? If you can actually find one, buy it! The new "R's" are NOT R-32's. There IS a difference.
Cons: Nothing, really. Suppose if you buy the all wheel drive as a snow beater, you will be disappointed with the low ground clearance effectively trumping that feature. But, I had the same issue with my MB C300 all wheel drive.
Overall review: A 10 out of 10 for me. Going to drive this one until she won't drive any more. If you find one, keep her maintained by a VW dealer. Oversights cost big bucks. Oh, I didn't select a "Trim Level" below because they fail to include the V-6 Coupe.
Pocket-Rocket Muscle Car by Dan on 04/07/2012. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen GTI 2.0T Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: 6 speed automatic. Fasted shifting car on the road. You can't beat the performance. I would recommend a Valentine Radar detector. It has paid for itself many times over.
Cons: It's black, I hate black. It doesn't have heated seats.
Overall review: I love this car. This is my third VW since 1989. I drove my 1989 5 speed Golf for twelve years. It had 112000 miles but started to rust around the rear windows. I traded it in for a 2001 5 speed GTI which I loved. It had heated seats and full power. The only reason I traded it in was because I made the mistake of test driving my 2008 6 speed automatic and couldn't resist the performance of the toggle and speed shift performance. I would still be driving my 2001 if I had not taken the 2008 for a spin. German enginneering is the best.
"See Ya" by Mike (Worcester, MA) on 08/09/2011. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen GTI 2.0T Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: My GTI is awesome. It screams at accelerating. Corners like a precision sports car. Maintenance has been minor so far with 68K miles.
Cons: The seats could be easier to adjust. Especially the back rest, but once it is adjusted it feels fine. Lumbar support needs more padding. Power seats would be really nice addition.
Overall review: Mileage does very well even if you have a heavy foot. This car has surprised many BMW that cost much more.
2 3 4 5 6  Next