2008 Jeep Liberty

• Interior-1.0
  • Quality-1.0
  • Recommendation-1.0
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Minor Cons, mostly a great vehicle by Brandon, Fort Collins, CO on 05/18/2009. Trim: 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Off road capabilities are second only to the Wrangler, but it has comfort and luxury like a Cherokee. Good acceleration when you need it from the 3.7 L. I had a trip to Illinois this Christmas and the weather was straight out of a WeatherChannel Storm Stories. Snow, blizzards, rain, fog, ice, you name it. I barely hesitated at any moment, even when plowing through 4 foot snow drifts. In fact, when the weather gets bad, I get excited about the prospect of driving. The Electronic Stability Control rights the vehicle and can get you out of bad situations.
Cons: Legroom in the front is minimal, a bigger guy would have some issues. Not being able to fully turn off the Electronic Stability Control hinders the fun factor sometimes, but I guess I can understand why. You can still get the jeep sideways though, it just takes a little more. Make sure you tightly screw on that gas cap because the check engine light will come on every time. And the gas mileage is an issue, but hopefully the cool air intake I am installing will help that. Sometimes when the snow is thick and you brake hard, the entire sheet of snow from the roof barrels down over the windshield, that can be dangerous.
Overall review: Great vehicle all around. I wish I had spent the extra money to get the ultimate sunroof. I didn't care this winter when i bought it but now that the weather is nice, it would be a great option. I think if I had this sunroof, I would not miss my old Wrangler at all.
Poor Choice by littleboysmum on 04/27/2011. Trim: 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The engine is reliable, handling is great.
Cons: Compared to my old body-style 2002, the interior looks cheap. It is very noisy! Gas mileage does not come close to specs.
Overall review: Selling and buying a subaru!
Great ride by BruinsB Summerville SC on 08/07/2009. Trim: 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great SUV...Lots of Pep under the hood..stylish..Very smooth ride ...Drives like a Car
Cons: We own a 2008 Commander also and my only "con" for the Liberty is I wish it was a little Bigger (like the commander)...back seat can be awkward to get in and out of but hardly a deal breaker
Overall review: I would and do own other jeeps. I like the Liberty and cant wait to see what happens with the newer models in years to come...Not for everyone ..but nothing is
Underwhelming by TS on 12/09/2007. Trim: 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great off-road handling
Cons: Everything else. Coarse engine, dated transmission, cheap interior, uncomfortable seats, badly designed tailgate. Unstable at freeway speeds.
Overall review: Only buy this if you live in a place which has no roads (in which case this is probably the best choice)
Review ID: #519682 Is this review offensive?
Cool, but clumsy by East on 02/12/2014. Trim: 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X2, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Exterior Look Interior Comfiort
Cons: Gas Milege Bumpy Ride
Overall review: I shoulda got a prius
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next