2008 Subaru Impreza

Another Subaru fan! by Al from California on 09/04/2012. Trim: 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It's fun, powerful, very reliable, stylish and economical. The smooth-running 2.5 boxer and symmetrical AWD provide great balance and traction on curves. I also love the sport shift & GPS. I have the wagon, which has just enough extra cargo space when I need it.
Cons: It would be a bit more convenient if the wagon's rear glass could open separately from the main hatch, but it's not a big deal. Other than that, no complaints.
Overall review: I regret that I didn't buy a Subaru years ago. The five other brands I've owned before turned out to be a waste. This Impreza provides an exciting yet comfortable driving experience, but also has the traditional Subaru attributes of ruggedness and reliability, which make it a great daily utilitarian workhorse. As long as Subaru keeps up the good work, I'll keep buying 'em!
Consider an alternative by Arch1121 on 07/22/2013. Trim: 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Comfortable to drive and good ecconomy for AWD car. Girls have plenty of back seat space. Great truck space for size of car. AWD is very good in Northwest Arkansas winters.
Cons: Paint on exterior and interior are horrible. Hood is badly chipped. Rack and pinion went out at 54,000. Head gaskets leaking badly, interior paint falling off. Breaks almost gone already. Stereo is very basic. Warranty is less than half of industry standard. Tire selection is limited.
Overall review: Not my first subaru but probably my last. I traded a 13 year old Impreza sedan that had fewer problems than my new one.
Nice Little Subie by Magician from merlin on 04/30/2013. Trim: 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great looks, sporty. Plenty of get up and go with the 2.5. Reliable quality built vehicle.
Cons: Interior has a cheap feel. Rattling in the dash for no reason.
Overall review: Fun car to drive, very reliable
Civilised sports car. by Ron, Kingston, Massachusetts on 09/23/2010. Trim: 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Goes like stink! Drove my wife's SUV and almost toppled it, thought I was driving my rocket ship. Cornering fantastic, pity the sspeed limit is not 100 MPH. Average 24 MPG. Fun to drive. My usual palcid granny driver wife drives like a lunatic in it, so much fun.
Cons: Paint job a bit thin, scratches easily. Auto with paddle wheel shifters the way to go. Needs leather option.
Overall review: Great, fun, fun, fun. Cop magnet, looks like you are speeding at 20 MPH!
Love My Suby! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/12/2009. Trim: 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have 6000 miles on my Impreza at the moment, and get an average of 30 mpg hwy, 21 mpg city. Not even broken in yet and getting better fuel economy than expected. I have the 5spd manual. Great MPG's for an AWD!
Cons: The navigation / cd player unit has been a pain. Had to have it replaced at less than 100 miles on the car. Other than that I've been totally satisfied with the car.
Overall review: I have had my Impreza for 6 months, and I do not have buyers remorse. I love the car! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a sporty little sedan, with great handling and AWD.