2008 Chrysler Pacifica

A husky crossover by Ron in ABQ on 10/12/2008. Trim: 2008 Chrysler Pacifica Limited FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I really like the style, comfort and road handling.
Cons: I can't read the street detail on the nav system in the daytime with sunglasses,( same problem with the the back-up video.) Also I can't believe there is no backlighting on the steering wheel mounted cruise control buttons. I guess I will eventually get used to the location of the switches, but this really creates a problem for me at night. Fuel guage has acted squirrely since the day I bought it.
Overall review: I'm glad I bought it.
Love My Pacifica by Jeffro on 12/06/2010. Trim: 2008 Chrysler Pacifica LX FWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: 90k problem free miles so far. Oil changes and tires, that is it! Great ride and lots of room.
Cons: This is my second Pacifica and would buy another if they still made them.
Overall review: Would recommend, very pleased.
makes you feel good by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/03/2008. Trim: 2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Looks great, performance is super with the 4.0 engine. Like the way it handles, very confortable to sit in the front 4 seats, I like the big wheel, I like the ease of getting in and out. It is very easy to park. sound system is very good.
Cons: steering and the gas pedal is very sensetive. oil leak problem rear main seal leaking took 3 time for the dealer to repair it. rear seat are a little tight. not enough cargo room if you have 6 people. The bucket seats could be larger. no use for 2 dvd unless you install the rear seat projection.
Overall review: like the automoble very well, For my use I would purchase it again.
Unreliable and unpredictable by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/19/2013. Trim: 2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring FWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: comfortable on the highway...smooth ride and has power to pass at speed. Large stowage capacity.
Cons: unpredictable and unreliable electrical. Shifting can get confused when laying hard off and then on the gas...may be another electronic issue? No key option for tailgate. When this car loses battery power, good luck getting this open! This SUV can barely start on wet leaves! Although it has "traction control" it's horrible in slippery or snowy conditions, even with brand new snow tires. Maybe the AWD is better, but every other FWD vehicle I've ever driven is better. Gas mileage is horrible. Maybe because the engine seems to be working overtime in normal driving conditions. You need two hands to fold the back seats.
Overall review: Too many other cars in the world to deal with the problems and unreliability. You are better off buying a quality european SUV in this class, even if it's a bit older.
Don't touch it with a ten foot pole!! by Poor Pacifica owner on 10/02/2013. Trim: 2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I used to like a lot things about this verhicle. Now I hate the sight or mention of it. It looked good and had fair performance and was comfortable too. Third row seating was nice.
Cons: This verhicle is always broken. The engine mounts mostly. The front especilly. The fuel system is a always a problem it has two pumps and they require frequent replacement. We are on our second set of pumps and our fourth front engine mount. The OEM mufflers rust very fast and are very exspensive, one runs almost the lenght of the car. It is close to $1000 for the pair it was $998 for the fuel pumps and $776 for a full set of mounts. We have not yet replaced the fuel tank however many owners have had too. Now it is having starting issues. They say it could be the wire harness. This means $1300 for that. I hope it is not. (probably is though)
Overall review: Overall I would not recommend this car to anybody. Any pluses are far outweighed by the sheer unreliability of it and the complete lack of support from Chrysler is shameful. If you have a gun to head and are told buy a Chrysler or we will shoot you. let them shoot you far less painful and a whole lot cheaper. My advice never buy Chrysler product, unless you have deep pockets and like no customer service.