2008 Toyota 4Runner

BEN-THERE, DONE THAT! by TERRY, YAKAMA, WA. on 07/21/2012. Trim: 2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4X4 V6, Owned 5 years.
Pros: if you need to tow a boat or small trailer this is a good choice. with the full frame not unibody you end up with a pickup type ride, good or bad that's your opion. we have 47k on our 08 limited and are quite pleased with it. the performace from the v6 is impressive! i can see why they droped the v8. we use premium fuel and it is well worth it. the milage increase justafies the cost with some savings included. i spent 40 years as a auto tech/manager with domestic vehicles. I AM INPRESSED WITH THIS UNIT!
Cons: WITH THE LIMITED YOU GET A SECOND SHELF IN THE CARGO COMPARTMENT. IT IS WORTHLESS AS EVERYTHING SLIDES OFF AND IN THE DOWN POSITION IT LEAVES A GAP FROM THE LIP TO THE HATCH WHICH CATCHES THINGS WHERE UPON OPENING THE DOOR EVERYTHING COMES ROLLING OUT. I REMOVED IT AND WILL REINSTALL UPON TRADEIN.
Overall review: GREAT UNIT FOR THE NITCH. IF YOUR JUST RUNNING AROUND ON THE BLACKTOP GET A HIGHILANDER, IF YOU NEED TO TOW OR OFF ROAD THIS UNIT WOULD BE HARD TO BEAT.
Review ID: #562020 Is this review offensive?
My second Bigger Toyota by Pilot1 from Omaha, Nebraska on 08/19/2008. Trim: 2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X4 V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: A big truck feel, and ride, with decent fuel mileage. Still discovering lot's of features that come standard that cost extra from the American Brands. Controls well appointed, but Toyota should have a class on using all the gadgets that surround the driver! We chose this model over a crossover which in my opinion is nothing but a 4 wheel drive van!
Overall review: I would definitely recommend this vehicle for anyone who is looking for a high class ride, dependability, performance, and a price that's hard to beat! I have a basic 1993 4X2 Toyota pickup that looks and performs today, as it did when I bought it new 15 years ago! Not a single defect over all these years!
Good mid sized vehicle by Happy Driver on 05/15/2008. Trim: 2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4X4 V8, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Good solid mid sized SUV with Toyota quality. Got V8 Limited with options. V8 engine is powerful. Needed something with power and off-road capability.
Cons: Wish gas mileage was better. Sticker said 14/17 city highway. I am getting about 12 city/16 highway. Hope it will get better after I break it in !
Overall review: Good quality vehicle, but Toyota should do something to improve gas mileage, even if it is a V8.
Great vehicle! by Wick Hudson, Fl. on 07/06/2013. Trim: 2008 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4X4 V6, Owned 5 years.
Pros: 2008 Urban Runner bought new in July of 2008. I'm 6'3". Roominess, comfort, acceleration from V-6, quiet, great handling with the 18 inch tires. Only 39,000 miles on it. Although I grew up in upstate NY, never owned a 4 we vehicle. Lived in Colorado Springs and Denver. When I first used the 4 we'd, I just smiled. Never had a 4 we vehicle. Now 64 and living in Florida. Looking for a new Camry xle. My 4runner is an excellent vehicle!
Cons: No problems.
Overall review: Outstanding vehicle! Oil changes every 4 months. Last year, I put on 80,000 mile Michelin tires. Brakes will be needed in about 6,000 more miles.
Solid vehicle by Pabllope on 02/22/2010. Trim: 2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X2 V6, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It felt such a solid vehicle when I test drove it. Very Powerful brakes too. Handles very well, very agile, feels like a car instead of a truck, accelerates good.
Cons: The coin holder could be better designed, the front power jack and MP3 jack need better location, better designed 3rd row seat and could use a power jack in 2nd row. Also storage compartment under the 2nd row seat would have been useful, it it could have been designed in.
Overall review: I was looking for a replacement vehicle and got sold on the 4runner when I test drove it. It gave a very solid feel and felt it was such a durable vehicle that I decided on this vehicle. Toyota quality also attracted me to this vehicle. It could use a few improvement tweaks to make it a better vehicle.