2008 Dodge Charger

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
Performance Sedan by Mike from Oswego, il on 09/27/2010. Trim: 2008 Dodge Charger SXT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Loads of fun to drive, seats 5 adults very comfortably, not bad on gas (16/26), Very comfortable for long trips. Fold down rear seats are awesome. Fills the need I have for a family vehicle, but is way cooler than any other 4 door out there. I call it a "Performance Sedan" :)
Cons: Tires are Expensive.
Overall review: This is my third Chrysler Product. I had a 1995 Chrysler Concorde, and a 2001 Chrysler LHS. And now the 08' Charger. All three cars were equipped with the 3.5L V6. I drove both the Chryslers well over 100K miles without fail, and expect to get the same out of the Charger. I used to miss my old cars when I traded them in, but I have completely forgotton about any previous vehicle since I started driving the Charger. It brings a smile to my face every time I mash the gas pedal. Handles superbly through corners, accelerates and brakes with confidence. If you are scared about owning a RWD car, let me assure you, that between the Brake Assist, Traction Control, Electronic Stability, and ABS, this car will not spin out on you unless you REALLY TRY HARD. The only system you can disable the traction control, and even then the car will do everything in it's power to keep it going straight - Which includes reducing power, applying individual wheel brakes, etc.
Charger R/T: Not just for the boys anymore! by Brandi, Orange County CA on 08/17/2008. Trim: 2008 Dodge Charger RT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great styling, great acceleration, beautiful and comfortable interior. I got the Light grey leather and black/grey two tone interior with sunroof, nav, dvd, power everything. I'm on the short side but the power adjust pedals and multi placement steering wheel helps me feel comfortable and in control. The large wheel area made it possible to put 22'' rims and still have plenty of room to turn. With tint, small upgrades, and wheels I get a lot of complements on my car.
Cons: It now has 47,000 miles on in and it's been into the dealer several times for minor problems and a bad sensor, but everything was under warranty. Slow to shift from reverse to drive or drive to reverse. Poor turning radius, much like that of a truck.
Overall review: I love it! Ladies, this car isn't just for the boys! If you get one, make sure you get at least an RT. I had the 6 cyc for a few weeks while mine was in for body work and the 6 is very under powered. If you're going to get one, go big, you won't regret it.
A beautiful car by carenthusiast on 01/29/2009. Trim: 2008 Dodge Charger RT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I own a '08 Charger R/T Daytona Series. What a beautiful car. It's comfortable, fast and a real head turner.
Cons: There's nothing I don't like about this car.
Overall review: This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I would buy another one but think it will be the last car I buy.
Charger-A Great Alternative to Boring by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/26/2009. Trim: 2008 Dodge Charger SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: My wife picked this car. We were looking at Kias but my wife was wanting a Charger. We found ours in Joplin, MO. Ours is a base model SE. We test drove the 3.5 six and really noticed no penalty in performance versus the 2.7 six. The Sirius radio is great. We got a sharp looking, great driving car for about the price we would have paid for a boring looking car. 24 mpg without fail. I would have had no use for the R/T due to gas mileage but ours it great!
Cons: The heavy pillars in the back of the car greatly diminish visibility while backing up, but that is a calculated risk with this car. The lumbar support seems to have broken on the driver's seat. I also don't care for the downshifting going down hills while the car is in cruise control. The gauges are well laid out, and the seats are comfy.
Overall review: A great car! Lots of room, and our payment is just where we wanted it to be. The folks at the dealership were great to buy from: courteous, informative and very helpful. The 2.7 V6 has plenty of get up and go, and the mileage is great!
There's a reason this car gets all 9's and 10's from everyone. by Speedy on 11/12/2008. Trim: 2008 Dodge Charger RT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Whats not to like? I got the Daytona R/T it's bright hemi orange! This car turns heads and makes people say WOW! The car delivers what its appearance implies. It accellerates very quickly, handles very smoothly, and rides very quiet. Minor modifications can get another 40hp to the wheels, but if you want a true all-out beast, get the SRT. This car is a 4 door sedan that drives like a roadster, and looks impressive in my opinion. It gets good mileage on the highway with MDS, but in town dont expect better than 13. I DARE you not to put your foot into it!
Cons: Stock exhaust is a bit tame for me. It could make good use of the Brembo brakes but those are only on the SRT. Sometimes the power windows have a mind of their own. the adaptive transmission "learns" how you drive and sometimes performance can suffer because of it. The electronic stabiity program robs power when it thinks it needs to (car won't burnout), would be nice if it could be turned off without modifying electronics. Car needs an afterarket catch-can, it recycles a lot of oil vapor back into the manifold which cant be good. My catch can catches about a tablespoon every 2-3 weeks of daily driving. Car is very stable but there is a noticeable degree of "bumpsteer" on bad roads.
Overall review: I never was a "car" person, but i love this car. It will outperform Mustang GT's all day long and weighs about 700 pounds more. It has 4 doors, can seat 5 no problem, is very stable, you need only think about where you want to be in traffic and you're there. This car reminded me that driving is more than just an un-fun daily chore, its a priviledge, and an experience that can be exhilerating.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next