2008 Mazda CX-9

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
"MAZDA SPRIT" by LARRY THE JUDGE Shepherdsville ky. on 11/18/2011. Trim: 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: so far i like everything about this car; i bought it new in 08 and have 20000 miles ; keep it in garageand have oil changed every 3000 miles. wax entire car 2 times a year and keep it spotless under the hood and under chassis. a car like this is worth taking care of . everyone that sees it thinks its brand new and thats because its taken such good care of. my gas mileage around town is around 18 mpg and on the road 26 mpg. very pleased with this because it is a fairly heavy car.did not buy for just mileage but mainly for safety; my family is worth more than just a few extra miles per gallon!!
Cons: like me its getting older each day but its holding up better than i am
Overall review: best car ever....i would buy another one if i was in market ; not there now though..
still driving by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/17/2013. Trim: 2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: handling
Cons: expensive repairs plastic cheap radio and gps could be better
Overall review: very good
Wonderful Family Car by Sharistarshine on 08/08/2013. Trim: 2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport AWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I have always driven smaller, sporty vehicles but bought this to haul my grandchildren. I have come to love it. I have a 70 mile round trip commute everyday; several months of the year in lake effect snow & this vehicle handles wonderfully. I have never felt so safe in a vehicle. Everytime we go anywhere with friends we end up driving because we have the roomiest vehicle & we always get compliments on how comfortable & roomy the backseat is. (The third row really is only good for the grandkids or very short adults.) I love this car & would definitely consider another.
Cons: Gas mileage is not the best but I have found that if I keep my speed down it improves dramatically. I have over 75,000 miles & when I go up a hill the transmission has started acting up, like it is shifting between 5-6 gears. I took it in to the dealer as well as a transmission shop & neither could find anything wrong. It is very intermitent so I guess I'll deal with it till it goes out.. CD has always skipped when going over bumps. I've had them replace it 3 times & they never could correct it. It is just the standard sound system, nothing fancy.
Overall review: Great car. I bought it new when gas prices were at an all time high & people were shying away from SUV's. I doubt I could get such a deal on a new one so I plan on driving this one till it drops. It is a great car if you need to haul lots of kids/equipment.
James by James on 02/23/2013. Trim: 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very Good Power and Handling comfortable to drive, lots of interior space. Good long distance car.
Cons: Very high road moise, rear wheel bearings failed at 56,000 Miles (WARRANTY REJECTED) , $1,100 to repair. Battery failed at 21 months,(WARRANTY REJECTED) $122. to repair all 4 shock absorbers leaking at 90,00 Miles leaking and the front upper shock mounts (base) is clunking very badly even over very small bumps. Cost to reapir, $1,650. Electronic key has not worked to start the car after about 1 1-2 years, Mazda wants 275 to replace each key unit. Paint chips badly, especially on the mirrors and the front plastic panels. Rear wheel well plastic outer plastic covers fall off. Original tires worn completety out in 21,384 miles.
Overall review: We really like the car, power handling etc. But is seem very costly to repair, items which should not have failed. Cannot find any Mazda information regarding improvement over the past 5 years. Therefore very difficult to purchase another without this information
Excellent SUV would buy another by The Don on 01/01/2013. Trim: 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Good room for 5+ people - Kids in back seats but have carried adults short distances ,Good Accelleration , good finish inside , great supportive seats (leather) and easily cleaned , excellent dash layout . Great stability - a lot better than the Mrs Nissan Pathfinder 2003 . Quiet on the move
Cons: Has had some niggles - I had the Air con coming on when i switch it off , Due to a lot of speed bumps (Kuwait city) theres a few squeeks and odd rattle from front suspension . Changed shocks (front) at 120000KM but other than that no major issues
Overall review: Great looking SUV with Great accelleration for its size . Higher riding position can see the road well ahead , very stable on road , good quality finish , good sterio and great sound , Ipod connectivity with 6 D facility - I bough this SUV in 2010 as a 2 year old with 45000KM on it and have now got 157000 KM on it and its still going stong and would highly recommend it for 5+ families .
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next