2008 Mazda Mazda3

Mazda 3 2.3 liter hidden defect in engine by Pat from Syracuse on 01/29/2013. Trim: 2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 5-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Vehicle has good acceleration, seats okay..
Cons: When I purchased my Mazda 3 2.3liter 5door I was not aware there was a problem with the engine. Apparently an internal seal fails, that causes oil loss and engine failure. At 63K the engine the engine threw a rod and my mechanic was shocked to find the oil completely gone. Research shows this kind of failure can occur as low as 48k miles and oil goes out the exhaust and doesn't leak on the ground. These seals do not fail on all engines but when they d it destroys the engine. To prevent all you can do is check your oil every time you fill up. When your engine fails you are looking at thousands of dollars for a new, or used engine, that may have the same defect. Zoom-zoom goes boom-boom.
Overall review: My experience with the Mazda is very disappointing. I thought I was getting a car whose engine would last 200k with oil changes. My family has other Mazdas. Mazda is aware of this internal defect but appears to deny in the US. In Canada they have extended warranty's. It looks like a trip to court here in t he US. Kind of sad, a maintained engine lasts only 63k. If you own a 2.3 liter. engine check your oil regularly and you may be stuck with an oil guzzler . There's no known cure, other than a new engine, if the seal goes. Too bad, the RX-8 with it's great style and problematic oil eating Wankel and now the oil eating 2.3 liter Mazda 3. I examined this vehicle thoroughly before I bought if. It belonged to a college girl who put on 10K a year and had all the maintenance records. Couldn't see the bad engine "DNA'. Mazda should have least put out a warning about possible seal failure.
Best Car Ever by Rebel63 on 12/18/2012. Trim: 2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I am a 67 yr. old woman and this is the best car I have ever owned. It is beautiful inside and out. This car drives so easily which is important for a person of my age. It is sporty yet so functional. Have the blue ice color which I dearly love. A+ car.
Cons: Absolutely nothing.
Overall review: Good looks, good handling, super on gas.
Mid Term Review by 2x4 (Dallas, Texas) on 06/29/2010. Trim: 2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4-Door, Owned 2 years.
Pros: 1. 31-33 MPG (and i drive hard and speed) 2. Trunk Space is great 3. Comfortable driver's seat and easy controls.
Cons: 1. Can't view clock or radio station with sunglasses on due to the orange background 2. Small back seat but that is a given with the car size 3. Cheap stock tires, I bought 60k tires when I replaced the stock tires at 30k.
Overall review: I have had the 3 since buying it new in February 2008. I am now at 50,000 and I drive at least 60 miles per day. I bought it mainly because of gas mileage and the cost vs. buying a hybrid. This was before gas went to $4.00 a gallon in 2008. Overall, great handling, sporty, 31-33 MPG on average, great trunk space.
Best Car I Ever Bought by Shannon on 09/28/2011. Trim: 2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The handeling; gas mileage; the space for is pretty good for someone whose just now wanting to start a small family; an overall great car for the price; and great cound system.
Cons: I honestly can't say anything bad about this vehicle best car I've ever owned so far.
Overall review: If you want something nice that handles well for city driving and something that would be comfortable for driving long distances i would reccomend this car unless your packing around more then 3 or 4 people.
2008 Mazda 3 GT - Black Mica by MazdaMark3 from Indianapolis on 04/30/2009. Trim: 2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 5-Door (New), Owned 1 year.
Pros: Handling is great with small turn radius. Has a luxury car feel. Very comfortable seating. Very sharp appearance and sporty look. Plenty of room for my 2 year old son and his stroller, carseat, and other items.
Cons: I have owned my 3 since July 08. My main issues with my car is it does idle a little rough most of the time at stoplights. Also, the stock radio has an issue of the bass cutting out when you have it turned up at a certain volume. I will be taking it in to have it replaced soon. I wish it had paddle shifters, and keyless entry/start. Also, not to sound like a wimp, but the heated seats are too hot for me. My previous heated seats I never had a complaint. It just has one setting, on & off..no high and low.
Overall review: This is my first "off the lot" new vehicle. In these bad economic times, a used car is a better buy right now. But I must say that I absolutely love this car and am a 2nd generation Mazda owner has my dad is on his 3rd Miata(91, 99, 08). My wife will be buying a CX-7 SUV soon because she loves my car. Though not perfect, its a great car and plan to be a Mazda owner for a long time. I test drove several other cars in its class before this. Toyota Matrix, Honda Civic, Mitsubishi Lancer, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Corolla. It doesnt have the gas mileage that the Civic & Corolla has, but I was willing to sacrifice a few MPG for having a much more enjoyable car to drive. The Impreza is nice and a sharp car, but they want too much money.