2008 Toyota Yaris

Great little car! Best decision I could have made! by James from Indy on 03/02/2010. Trim: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback 5-Spd MT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It's stylish, yet inexpensive, has really great pickup (with the manual transmission), and handles really well. Incredibly fun to drive, for a gas sipper. Gets great gas mileage, even if you drive it quickly. Small car is easy to park and maneuver in city traffic. The interior room is amazing for such a small car, with a full back seat for adult sized people. Reliable, and easy to upgrade and work on yourself if you desire.
Cons: Some people might not like the plastic and cloth interior or the centrally located gauges. The non-height-adjustable seats might not be the most comfortable for some. No tachometer for the manual transmission on the liftback. A little more horsepower for the engine and a little less height on the suspension from the factory would be appreciated.
Overall review: The rather cheap interior gets the same plastic and cloth most inexpensive cars of this class gets, so if you are expecting a classy leather interior, you need to spend more money on a car. The centrally located gauges took all of about 10 minutes to get used to, and now I like them, because the steering wheel never blocks my view, no matter what position the wheel is in. I'm a pretty big guy but have no issues with the seats or room inside the car. The lack of a tachometer the one thing I do miss in this car, but that can be fixed with an aftermarket part. I originally checked out the Yaris because I was looking for a cheap hatchback, with good gas mileage and good reliability, but I quickly fell in love with its looks. My research then showed a budding subcompact car tuner community, and thousands of devoted Yaris fans, so I bought it. Truly an amazing car for the price. I enjoy myself every time I drive it. It's a great car, and the best car I could have bought for the money.
Surprsingly great by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/03/2009. Trim: 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4-Spd AT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great MPG - I always get 30-32 in town and 42-45 highway. Much more spacious interior and trunk than expected. I'm 6 ft, and can comfortably push the driver seat back and even easily fit behind the driver's seat. Good for family trips, as a large stroller and large suitcase both fit in trunk. It's a fun little car. Parks anywhere.
Cons: Not much room for right leg of driver. My knee hits the cruise control, and I can't reposition well when on cruise on highway. The basic model is a little light on accessories, but that's why it's the basic model I guess. You can sometimes feel overmatched when surrounded by a bunch of large SUVs, trucks, and other gas-guzzlers.
Overall review: Overall, I love this car. I'd buy a whole fleet of Yari!
The ultimate economy car by Gomoso on 07/03/2009. Trim: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback 5-Spd MT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I wanted to purchase this car just because of the MPG. When I went to see it I was suprise at how well it looked form the inside. I paid about $1500 below Kelley blue book. I also looked at some other cars but this was the best deal. It is a nice Toyota.
Cons: Road noise...but I don't care I pay $20 for gas every 10 days. I drive about 20 miles to work.
Overall review: Great car if you want to save $$$$$ for other things, like going back to college and paying for a Masters or a PhD.
The Reliable Big Little Car! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/23/2009. Trim: 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is a very compact and efficient car, yet the seating isn't terribly cramped front to back, though passengers are rather shoulder to shoulder. Ride is smooth and gas mileage is fantastic. I can fit huge amounts of cargo in this little sedan!! CD Player and speaker system are decent and interior cloth is clean looking. Middle location of speedometer, etc, only took one drive to get used to--now I love it (no looking through the steering wheel!)
Cons: Not much of a pick-up and doesn't combat snowy conditions well, but this is expected in such a petite vehicle. As previously stated, passengers are close together, though leg room is comfortable.
Overall review: I have only minor complaints about this car--overall, I have been completely satisfied and I love my little Yaris! My friends complain about their gas costs, and I am easliy half as much or less!! Insurance is affordable as well and I have yet to have any mechanical issues.
Satisfied Owner by Finance Man from Santa Fe on 12/04/2008. Trim: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback 5-Spd MT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I purchased this car for two reasons - Price (I purchased mine for $11,900 - taxes, license, etc, included) and gas mileage. My daily roundtrip drive to work is 120 miles and I average 40+ miles per gallon. The drive includes interstate at 75 mph, country roads at 65/55 mph, and city at 35-40 mph). So far (less than 1 year) I have over 22,000 miles on the car and it's doing what I wanted it to do - get me to work for less money. I previously was driving a 2001 Camary with over 180,000 miles on the odometer.
Cons: You have to be realistic when purchasing a car like the Yaris - folks it is not a big fancy car and it is not going to drive, sound, or feel like a big fancy car. It is what it is - really good basic transportation.
Overall review: I highly recommend the Yaris. I had thought of buying a Hybrid; however, since one my goals was to save money, I could not justify the additional cost. I like the idea of green, especially when it stays in my pocket.