2008 Dodge Ram 1500

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Needs some refinement! by Ken, Langley, BC on 01/10/2008. Trim: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 SXT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Power, ride height, towing/payload, 39 ft turning radius, wide opening rear doors, interior storage, pricing
Cons: Steering is vague even at low city speeds. Cruise control sometimes shuts off if Accel or Deaccel is hit twice. I think there's a software bug in the PCM or ECM where Cruise gets confused if you jab either button to speed up or down constantly. Seat bottoms are a little long could use more side bolstering lumbar support would be REALLY GREAT in the 40/20/40 cloth bench w/out power driver's seat setup. Interior instrument and door material could be a WAY better still too industrial plastic looking in this price range. Engine noise - this SXT Quad 4.7L sounds like a gigantic sewing machine when you stand outside the vehicle and it's LOUD...
Overall review: Choose your trim level carefully if you plan on a lot of trailer towing get the optional Stability package you won't regret it
100% Honest opinion by John from North Bay, Ontario on 09/29/2013. Trim: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Lots of power (5.7L), Looks great, Sounds great, Gas mileage, Driving experience, Cab space
Cons: Poor build quality, Unreliable, Expensive to replace anything, Interior is mediocre at best
Overall review: I have always wanted a Ram. I grew up envying all those who owned one. I really do love this truck! However, I can't get over the amount of problems I've had with it. Granted I bought it used at 59,000 miles and it now has 76,000. I've owned it for 10 months and spent over $6k in repair bills. I've replaced: Front struts, Front wheel bearings, 2 sets of new 20" tires, water pump, EGR valve, TPMS sensor, and that's only what I can remember off the top of my head. I still have to replace the windshield and wipers. Furthermore, I have a nasty vibration in my front end, alignment is out on the steering wheel, and one of the steering components in the steering rack is causing the steering to become really tight then loose when turning. Also, there is a problem synonymous with the tie rods being shot and the interior is falling apart! I baby this truck in fear that it'll all fall apart at once..I love it but as a 22 year old just starting out, it's hard to keep up with this thing!
My wonderful truck by Dodgehogg on 05/27/2013. Trim: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The truck is great vehical. It's good on the highway and it's gotten better in the city when i upgraded it. I've up graded the chip, put AFE Stage 2-Pro 5R filter cold air in take system plus Magnaflow Universal duel in/duel out exhaust which boost the engine from a 390 hp to 405hp.
Cons: N/A
Overall review: I just love it but now I have to try to keep my wife out of it after I've done the upgrades to it.
3rd generation mopar head no more! Go Chevy by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/20/2010. Trim: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Alot of power. Plenty get up and go and towing capbilities. The styling of the truck .
Cons: RELIABILITY: I have to replace the tie rods every 10 -12 months. WORKMANSHIP: upholstery falling apart. Chips on the arm rest of the door panel. EXTERIOR: rust on the hood of the truck. ( of all places!!?? )
Overall review: Just to reiterate : I have a 2008 Dodge Ram SLT Longhorn quad cab pickup with 33000 miles. I bought the truck Jan 2008 and have had problems on a yearly basis. I've had to replace the tie- rods on this truck every year. I've had to replace them Dec. 08, Dec 09, and now I'm going to have to get them replaced again. In addition to the reliability of the truck, the quality of the interior is poor as well. The driver seat is tearing near the edge of the cushion. I also have chips on the arm rest of the door panel. On top of that, the truck is already rusting. What makes things worse is that Dodge is refusing to stand behind their product despite the fact the truck is under it's standard 3 yr /36000 mile warranty letalone the 7 yr /70000 mile warranty.
Great Truck! by The Country Gentleman on 12/20/2010. Trim: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great Styling, Nice ride quality, Plenty of room. Great country living truck. American made! Does everything I've asked it to do. Hauls the family, hunting buddies, ATV, or hay/feed comfortably. 4.7L engine has plenty of power. Avg 17 - 19 mpg summer, 15 -17 mpg winter. It has everything you need in a truck and nothing you don't.
Cons: Interior design on the SLT is reminiscent of a work truck, but this also helps to keep the price tag in check. Power/Performance/Economy is a delicate balance, but even a 10% improvement in gas mileage would yield kudos from the consumer market.
Overall review: Overall, this vehicle does what a truck is supposed to do well - a little bit of everything. It's not a speed racer, rock climber, or ideal commuter - It's a good solid truck that can be purchased at a good price with a good warranty without a lot of whistle and bells. Very happy with this truck to date.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next