2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Fountain of youth Dream Rig by Spokane Sam on 09/13/2011. Trim: 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 MT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Unique styling with the "throwback" look made me fall in love with this vehicle. One (if not the only) of the few SUV's that offer a manual transmission. I HATE AUTO TRANSMISSIONS!!! All junk and all expensive to replace/rebuild. You truly feel like you've joined a "club" when buying this car...not to mention that feeling you first had when you turned 16 and got your first car. Never thought I'd have that feeling again :)
Cons: Small things only: Be careful not to lean across the small panel where the bottom corner of your windshield is...held on by cheapo plastic snaps that break easily. Driving back from the dealer realized the panel was popping off cause i had leaned on it while cleaning the windshield (massive bugs on the interstate)!. As mentioned, visibility isn't the greatest, just be careful when backing up. Suicide doors aren't the best...much rather have the pathfinder kind of setup so you could access your backseat storage without having to open the front door. Price you pay for sexiness I guess... :P
Overall review: It's the fountain of youth...buy yours today and feel like a kid in a candy store!
The most sexiest machine alive. by Channa on 06/23/2011. Trim: 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It looks great and so unique. It handles very well off-road and so comfy on the pavement. It saves me lots of time by not digging the snow when I am in the rush, especially i have to leave my house at 4:00AM every morning. I feel so safe in my FJ. I love it from the inside out. i really love the all rubber floor. That's what all car should have.Very easy to clean and ordor free. I think i am the only one that own the Trail team (Iceberge white) in Lowell, MA. That make me feel unique. Because I hate copying from others. This is the kind of vehicle that i want keep for life. I am so proud that i own it.:)
Cons: None
Overall review: For those who have trouble seeing just buy a pair of blind spot mirro like I did and you'll love it.
Golden Ticket to the High Desert and Mountains of the Sierra Nevadas by Navy "Doc" from China Lake, CA on 05/02/2011. Trim: 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I bought this vehicle to take me out into the High Desert of California and more importantly, get me back. It has done this more than 100 times in the past 3 years. This vehicle excels at off-road and NO-road environments. It has more room for camping equipment and still retains the 5 passenger seating than comparable Wrangler’s. Its power-to-weight ratio is superb.
Cons: Night-time off road lighting was lacking. Plan to correct with an aftermarket light kit that attaches to the roof rack. Back seat as little leg room. Having said that, it has much more rear seating leg room than other comparable vehicles. And ... I don't sit in the back seat! My kids do, and they have tons of room. :)
Overall review: I love this vehicle! MPG is low, but I didn't buy the vehicle for long trips on the Interstate or highway system. I bought this vehicle to get off the roads and trails and into America. The shape, while unconventional, allows for superb interior storage. The FJ has never failed or stranded me, and takes less maintenance than HMMWV’s I have used in the armed service.
A truck released without full thought of details. by A family who actually NEEDED 4x4 capability. on 03/30/2011. Trim: 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 MT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Was never a problem in the 80,000 miles I had the vehicle
Cons: No place to mount extra lights, as the front is all plastic. Mud sprays over engine from front wheel wells...too open. Oil filter drain gets blocked with mud and can result in a very messy oil change. Windshield wipers load up with ice too easily. Tall people have poor visibility of traffic signals. Black interior has too few interior lights, especially since a sun roof is not an option. Visibility out back is absolutely horrible, and back up sensors do not keep up with fully turned front wheels when backing up...managed to bang both back corners without sensors squawking. Back seat is a dungeon and very claustrophobic. Huge back door can catch wind and hit people if not latched.
Overall review: Not a fully tested truck as the design lacks.
love it great 4x4 by Maureen from ,oregon on 07/08/2009. Trim: 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 MT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: the looks style and performance.
Cons: wish it had a roll down back window.
Overall review: I bought mine used with 9000 miles, owend a 4-runner. gets just as good gas mileage as my 4-runner!