2008 Jeep Patriot

Gotta love the Patriot...perfect replacement for the Cherokee! by Reba from Wisconsin on 11/11/2011. Trim: 2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love the limited package with leather, heated seats, & sunroof! 5 speed transmission really helps with the acceleration due to only a 4 cylinder. Great mpg, very comfortable for long trips. Nice storage space, ample leg room in back seat. Very stylish and fun to drive. I get between 25 and 29 mpg and cannot complain about that!
Cons: My only complaints are minor: would like master door lock on passenger side, more outlets, cup holders a little inconvenient. I do wish that it had a little more towing capacity. Blindspots take some getting used to.
Overall review: I have only owned my Patriot for a few months, bought used with 35k miles, but it has been great! it replaced my 01 jeep cherokee, and i feel very spoiled with the patriot limited package! Gas mileage is greatly approved over cherokee and 5 speed is fun to drive. Roomier than the cherokee and although no 4wd low, with the electronic slip protection and such, have had good luck in our first two snowstorms here in wisconsin. it is super fun to drive, i feel very comfortable in it, and love the fact that there are side air bags for the kids. can't find side airbags in any other comparably priced suvs. great safety ratings for the price, too.
My Pretty Black Jeep:) by B&JFamily From Lafayette, La on 11/15/2012. Trim: 2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Rides very smooth.
Cons: The only thing we found a little upset about, the center console has an outlet that doesnt work.
Overall review: But for the most part we love it. We would not trade it for any other, except up grading to a newer model.
Nice but be ready to replace and pay. by G.R., MI on 06/10/2011. Trim: 2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4X2, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I like the size, pretty peppy for a 4cyl., drives nice and handles like it's on tracks. Have it in Surf Blue and receieve many compliments for the way it looks.
Cons: @ 50k, they told me the tie rod ends were bad and it would be about $800 to replace them. I did it myself. Since I purchased the car, the brakes had always squealed and they told me it is "just the type of brakes they are." Well, at 75k I had to replace the front rotors and pads, and have the rear brakes replaced. At this time, they informed me the ball joints are bad, and would be another $850 or so after hitting me for $689 for the brakes. I do not rag on this car. I use it as my commuter car so it never sees off road use nor dirt roads. I have never owned a vehicle that has had this many issues from being brand new. I am now currently looking at trading it in for a non Chrysler vehicle.
Overall review: As much as I love the looks and driving characteristics of this vehicle, I would never buy another one or any Chrysler product for that matter. I also own a '98 Ford Explorer LTD. from new and never did anything to it other then oil changes for the first 150k, and finally the engine blew at over 300k. I thought this would save money in fuel, but it used more fuel then my Explorer did with a 302. It is sickening to purchase a brand new vehicle and in this short amount of time to replace so many parts. It is a nice looking vehicle, but when you are making a car payment then have to spend hundreds on repairs, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I would avoid this vehicle like the plague, and all Chrysler products now. Before this vehicle I had leased a 2005 Grand Voyager and it caught on fire from an electrical short. Should of known then not to buy a Chrysler product again!
Great jeep for the price by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/25/2011. Trim: 2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Four wheel drive and off road capability...excellent gas mileage.
Cons: less aerodynamic
Overall review: Great on gas and great off road capability...excellent on snow covered roads.
Driving Ms. Jeep!!! by JB Omaha on 05/17/2011. Trim: 2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The Patriot is my first new car I've purchased. I actually love it. I got it in October this year. I'm still finding neat new things everyday. Like a flashlight in the back built in the light. It has been very roomy and has great gas mileage. I get a lot of compliments on it as well. The sound system is excellent! I'm at 45000 miles haven't had any problems yet.
Cons: The only thing that I don't like is that its slow to accelerate, but its a 4 cylinder.
Overall review: Love my Jeep!