2008 Chevrolet HHR

Good choice by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/14/2008. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet HHR LT1, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Ease of entry and exit, seat position, ride, fuel economy, styling.
Cons: Blind spots that you have to get used to. Lack of storage compartments. Arm rests not adjustable. Poiot front dome light. Definately need running boards to prevent extensive paint chipping on rear door flairs. We added after initial purchase.
Overall review: At 9800 mile, car has met all expectations. Dealer service has been very good. Traded a Toyota Camray for this car.
Test Driver
Car, Truck, Wagon? It's Got it All!! by CarGuy2012 on 07/14/2012. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet HHR LS.
Pros: I must say by looking at the HHR we are all thinking the same thing it's not a looker. On that same point the rest of the vehicle is a home run! I recently have been looking into a new vehicle with more room but keeping the same fuel economy as my old car. The HHR drives like a car, hauls like a truck, and definately will bring a smile at the pump. Chevy has pulled off creating nostalgia with the retro panel truck look. (which I am a fan of.) Another huge challenge is the while reliability thing, from what I have gathered it's very reliable and that more than makes up for it's appearence.
Cons: No Longer in production.....Come on GM.
Overall review: This car, truck, or wagon is probably the most versatile vehicle since the Suburban Z71 and isn't a gas hog. I feel like the HHR will probably be back after a few years off and I can't wait to own one.
Luxury, Style and Reliability on a Budget by Sharon from Louisville on 05/22/2012. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet HHR LT1, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Overall, I love my car. I think it has style. I love all the storage pockets inside. It handles great. I was surprised at the power of the 2.4L engine, no problem merging into 70mph traffic going uphill. MPG is pretty good 26.5. The model I have has everything: remote start, controls on steering wheel,temp reading, compass, tire pressure reading, etc. Moonroof, power windows, seats, running board, luggage rack, rear wiper, OnStar, love that interior seats fold down for lots of room to haul stuff, and storage areas. Material on seats wear great and seats are comfortable. Easy for me to get in and out of. For the money, it is a great car for me.
Cons: Just a couple things that bug me but nothing that affects performance or reliability. Buttons for windows are on console. Dome light doesn't work properly and doesn't cast enough light in rear. Had issue with headlights going out but okay now. Mileage is pretty good; average about 26.5 -- was hoping for closer to 30.
Overall review: All the bells and whistles of the luxury SUVs, but at an affordable price. My son was surprised the other day when I was able to remote start car ... He was shocked that it had that feature. His brand new big SUV doesn't have that.
HHR=Happy Happy Rider by Nelson from southern New Hampshire on 06/08/2012. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet HHR LS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: style, utility, gas milage, ride and handling.
Cons: rear bumper scratches easily,
Overall review: very happy with the vehicle. gets great gas milage for something as aerodynamic as a dump truck. cargo space in back is adequate, but put the seats down and is more then acceptable for most people. interior trim is all plastic but the fit is fine, no squeaks etc. love the retro styling. engine can get noisy when pushed but during normal driving is quiet and the ride is smooth for a this class of vehicle. GM should not have discontinued this model but freshend it up.
My HHR by Susan from Indiana on 06/28/2010. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet HHR LS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Gas mileage, seating, huge cargo hauling space for such a small car, handling, love the retro look and awesome grill w/bowtie
Cons: Cup holders are too low, rear bumper scratches easily, bumper should have some type of extra protection
Overall review: I have had this car for over two years, 14,000 miles, no problems. For the price, such a great car! It really is fun to drive!