2008 Jeep Compass

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Great car needs noise dampening by Ken, Langley, BC on 05/29/2011. Trim: 2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: 4x4, Leather Seats, sunroof, Auto-Stick, Fuel mileage, ESC, Anti-Roll Mitigation, Side Impact Airbags
Cons: Engine noise, road noise
Overall review: After 12 years of dakotas and Rams I had to downsize due to change in living arrangement and the onset of USD $5.00/gal gas here in British Columbia. I bought my "Jeep Green" Compass in July of 2010 used with 47,500 Km's. Absolutely love the size, handling and the Auto-Stick. I'm getting 10 L/100 Km or 23.5 mpg in mixed driving. My biggest complaint is the road noise. Maybe it's the Firehawk tires but it sounds like I'm driving on marbles all the time. And the engine, well, it sounds like I'm driving a washing machine most of the time. I drove the 2011 version and it's like going from a Trabant to a Honda Accord. I am going to install B-Quiet or Dynamat but obviously Jeep engineers seriously failed in controlling the interior environment of the Compass.
My Little Jeep Jeep by Renegade Trucker on 02/27/2009. Trim: 2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The Compass is very powerful to be a four cylinder.it has a 6 sspeed auto trans that just really moves through the gearbox smoothly but somewhat noisy. you cant even feel it change gears. picks up speed great. you get excellent fuel mileage. the four wheel drive feature moves through snow efficiently. it will change between front wheel drive and all wheel drive automatically as you drive in slick conditions or it has a manual overide to lock it in all wheel drive.
Cons: I dislike the noisyness of the motor its not bad and with a little insulation in the right spots you can have a very quiet car. overall seating is comfortable. i cant say nothing bad about this car
Overall review: i give it a 10 in my book for affordabilitie and comfort.especially in this day of bouncing fuel prices. good job on the unlimited warranty. nobody can beat that. make sure u change the oil every 3000 miles and this car should last a lifetime
Very good alternative to a large SUV by George on 12/24/2008. Trim: 2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great mileage for a 4x4, more room inside than it looks, seems to handle well in the Erie winter
Cons: Interior cheap, too much enigne noise
Overall review: I previously owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee, miss the weight, but so far I really like this vehicle. Ohter than too much noise, rides great and gets promised gas mileage.
OK - but overpriced. by Hopskin - Ottawa, Ontario on 09/20/2008. Trim: 2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It looks nice from the outside. Mileage is about 24 mpg in the city and 28 mpg highway. It's an average vehicle in my view.
Cons: Cheap looking interior. Mileage is nowhere near the 30 -40 mpg in Compass literature. Lots of squeeks and rattles and general "cheap" feel to the car. Way overpriced for the quality of the vehicle. Tires seem to slip a lot on even slightly wet roads.
Overall review: It's an Ok car. I downsized from a Pontiac Montana due to gas prices and perhaps my review reflects my feelings from moving from a pretty comfortable and smooth riding vehicle to an OK ride.
the best small suv by jj on 07/07/2008. Trim: 2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: gas milage
Cons: small gas tank
Overall review: great car
2 3 4 5 6  Next