2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

A must have if you have kids by Teenage taxi driver on 01/02/2011. Trim: 2008 Mercedes-Benz R350 4MATIC, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The engine and the interior space
Cons: the tremendous blind spot on drivers side
Overall review: I would buy another one of these cars
Glad its a lease!!!! by Got a Lemon in Virginia on 12/30/2009. Trim: 2008 Mercedes-Benz R350, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the look and the styling of this vehicle. It was the perfect vehicle to transistion to after our minivan. I like the availability of the third row of seats and the cargo room.
Cons: This vehicle is under powered!!! We have also had numerous problems with ours. It has been in the shop almost a dozen times for off the wall issues. The door latch assembley had to be replaced, the heater fan motor, a window motor, a cam shaft magnet (caused the check engine light to come on), while drive on the interstate the SRS/driverside airbag system failure warning system light came on as well as the seat belt warning light and bell chimes. They had to replace the drivers side seatbelt latch. As I write this the check engine light is on again =( So many problems that I am glad this car is a lease. Had I purchased it, it would have been up for sale or traded in by now.
Overall review: This was our first Mercedes and will be our last. We bought it because I liked the R-Class. My husband was not sold on the car but I tried to push him into it now I'm eating crow and he gives me a great big "I told you so" every time I tell him that something else is wrong with it. From the looks of the other reviews it seems that maybe we got the lemon.
The Classful Ultimate Crossover by SprintCDI on 08/21/2009. Trim: 2008 Mercedes-Benz R320 CDI 4MATIC, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling is personally all its own. Not many like it on the road. Kids can WALK to their designated seating. Back doors are larger than the front. Easy access for all ages and heights. SUV size that drives amazingly like a car. Call me a diesel hugger, but this ride is nice and torquey. Diesel tune or chip it and you fall deeper in love. Wife happy = Husband happy :-)
Cons: Maintenance is a little more with this caliber of vehicle. Diesels also have a little higher maintenance cost just because they are.
Overall review: Styling is often perceived as like or dislike, but I have yet to receive a complaint. Its really all about form and function. Wife wanted more than two rows of seats. Just not a vast array of options out there and we each fell for this classy people mover. Some will call it a wagon; but if it were it would have to be one on steroids! Moves gracefully for a piece of machinery this size. Solid, bold, distinctive.
Review ID: #542069 Is this review offensive?
Non Plus Ultra by Joachim on 04/17/2009. Trim: 2008 Mercedes-Benz R320 CDI 4MATIC, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love this car, it is a superb travel car. Then best mileage we got is 32 mpg on a tripp.
Cons: I have not detected any so far.
Overall review: Great automobil but not a SUV.
Great value for a large luxury people mover by Lil Jimmy Norton on 06/06/2009. Trim: 2008 Mercedes-Benz R350 4MATIC, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The size and functionality of a mini-van with the style of a large sedan. The third row seating is functional for an adult passenger. Rides like a high end luxury vehicle.
Cons: The media command center is lacking the ease and functionality. Large doors that must open wide, can make getting out of tight parking spaces difficult.
Overall review: Great value for a large luxury people mover that our family can grow into and not out of.