2008 Volkswagen Rabbit

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Best Choice over Civic, Elantra, Sentra by Rabbit Racer on 01/25/2011. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 4 Door S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: FUN FUN FUN to drive
Cons: None
Overall review: When considering Sentra, Civic, Elantra -the Rabbit was much more nimble and fun to drive. Quiet and smooth engine. Look forward to driving everyday. Volkswagon's German engineering is superior over the Japanese and Korean cars. One drive is all it takes. Rabbit wins the race!
Great Value and GREAT FUN!!!! by J.C. in Dallas on 02/04/2014. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 Door S, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Fun and easy to drive. Excellent auto transmission. Good gas mileage for the fun. Well equipped, and easy to maintain.
Cons: Wished I had bought the 4 door. Cooling fan went out at 50,000 miles. Wished it had a center arm console.
Overall review: A great car period. We love driving it and is inexpensive to operate and maintain. Fun factor is high. Stability control is great. When my son grows old enough to drive, this is the car he will probably own first.
Better than my Hondas by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/18/2013. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 Door S, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I have owned this vehicle for over 5 years now and the only thing that has "failed" so far is a headlight bulb a couple of weeks ago. I replaced it myself with no problem. Other than that and regular oil changes and a front-end brake job, it has been trouble free (knock on wood). Also, I have complete confidence driving on the Autobahn here in Germany, even when the slow lane is going 80mph.
Cons: I had to get used to the gas mileage which runs in the 25-29 mpg range. A small price to pay for 2.5 liters and 170 hp, though.
Overall review: This was a refreshing change from all the Hondas I have owned. I hope VW keeps up the good work on the quality front, because if/when this one croaks, I will definitely consider getting another VW.
German Pocket Rocket! by LolPandaMan on 02/16/2013. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 Door S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handling, torque, leg space, sound system, and several other things.
Cons: Intake is a little loud stock (if that bothers you) and styling is a little bland.
Overall review: I LOVE my Rabbit. When compared to a fit, civic, Mazda3, or even a Nissan sentra this was an obvious choice for me. The 2.5 Liter motor provides plenty of power when you need it and being a taller man I can't complain about space at all!
Unreliable by Nick, Placentia CA on 07/31/2012. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 Door S, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Multiple break downs, Last one ABS module failed after 61000 Miles, costing more than $1,200 to fix it.
Cons: Interior door covers plastic stated peeling like a poor quality painted plastic
Overall review: Very expensive to maintain
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next