2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Prices
2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
The Gangstermobile by Hummer from Tucson on 12/24/2008. Trim: 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Acceleration and appearance
Cons: MPG could be better
Overall review: Very happy with vehicle
A small cute versatile people and stuff mover with thurst of a truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/20/2009. Trim: 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Storage space, versatility, seating position, steering feel
Cons: Lack of power, poor gas mileage. I was very easy on the car but wasn't able to get better than 18 mpg. For a car of this size and only 150 hp such gas mileage is far from good. The car noticebly struggles when loaded or when needs to merge to a highway traffic.
Overall review: If you don't mind 18 mpg and profound lack of power and want instead a versatile people/stuff mover this can could work for you.
Convertible fun ! by Mid-life crisis from Indy on 09/17/2008. Trim: 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very much a fun vehicle. Turbo gives extra punch, and comes with a sportier suspension package. Quick, responsive, throaty. All controls are well-placed. Nice readouts on computer interface in the dash.
Cons: Not that roomy, but OK. Low MPG prevents me from driving much. 19.3 avg, 24.7 on hwy. I get better mileage from my 99 Buick Park Ave with a 3.8 six-cyl
Overall review: If you want a great mid-life crisis vehicle, the PT Convertible is your car
retro buggie by PT Looser on 07/13/2008. Trim: 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring, Owned 1 year.
Pros: it is a sharp car, fun to drive, retro looking, has lots of room! it can fit a stove or washer or dryer in the back, my wife looks great driving it!
Cons: the gas milage is terriable. for a car this size it should get 28-30 mpg, I average 22, and if you get on the gas peddle you can watch the average go down low,low,low, way to low for this car, especially when they advertise 28-30. my fathers chevy malibu gets 27, and its huge compared to the PT, My son likes to call it the PT looser, we did have it in the garage 4 times for an oil leak, Chrysler did cover it under warrenty, but it took putting a turbo headgasket and milling the head down to fix it. but its fixed. I like my Pt but am really considering trading it for a Chevy HHR as they are getting way better Gas milage and are bigger, and are mostly Stick shift!!! fun fun fun.
Overall review: We like our Pt, just wish it got better gas milage. I did have to put new tires on it at 27,000 mile too!,
Cute car, but lacking some of the extras. by gambello from Pensacola, Florida on 05/19/2008. Trim: 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: As another reviewer stated, this is a fun car to drive. Can fit into tight spots easily Also is roomy for a small car. I'm a big guy, and I'm pretty comfortable in it. The back seats in particular are roomy and comfortable for a small car, plus it comes with built in Sirius Satellite Radio, free for one year. The PT also has pretty decent speed as well.
Cons: Gas mileage could be better, but even though it's a small car, it's a bit heavy, so I'm not too surprised about that, plus I think the mileage will get better once I have my first oil change. Also the sound system could be a bit better. I plan on upgrading the speakers and in dash CD player in it soon. Also, the Base doesn't have the features that the Touring and Limited has. Also, no power steering (at least on the Base), which is a bummer if you like to drive out of town a lot like I do.
Overall review: This isn't a bad car. If anyone is planning on getting one, I'd recommend you get the Limited or Touring if you want all the extras. However, it's a good car for the price.
2 3 4 5 6  Next