2008 Toyota Matrix

roadburnerfrom va. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/20/2011. Trim: 2008 Toyota Matrix Base 4-Spd AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: 89000 trouble free miles so far. good on gas I drive sometimes 160 miles each day using the car for in home patient care, and it has been an excellent choice for me, hauling cargo and getting me from point a to b. I own nothing but Toyota's and they are the only car i;ve had that can take the high mileage and abuse of my job.
Cons: a little uncomfortable by the time friday gets around, but no other complaints other than hydroplaning when those wide tires gets wore down
Overall review: no problems still drives as new
Review ID: #552086 Is this review offensive?
Love my Matrix by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/13/2014. Trim: 2008 Toyota Matrix XR 4-Spd AT, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I bought my first Toyota, 2008 Matrix XR, and have never regretted it. Handled every situation thrown at it in the diverse driving conditions of the Northwest, Southwest, Mid West, and Southeast. The Matrix loves the road, even if stuck in traffic. The handling, the gas mileage, the seat position/comfort, and the storage are all wonderful. So many people are amazed at the storage capacity and are jealous. The back hatch is the same width all the way down to allow loading of larger items. Very easy to parallel park. Thankfully cruise control can be set as low as 23mph. It wasn't on the recall list.
Cons: Not the fastest on steep hills unless you really give it a punch. There is a lot of plastic to get scratched. Difficult to see low items when maneuvering in tight situations, especially when backing. Not much back seat leg room if front seat people have long legs.
Overall review: There may be imitations by other brands but don't give in. Get the 2008 Matrix XR.
LOVE MY MATRIX by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/10/2009. Trim: 2008 Toyota Matrix Base 4-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love my Matrix, good gas mileage, turns well, just an all around great little car!
Cons: Not a lot of power going up hills, but it does the job!
Overall review: Really happy to own the Matrix.
Love my Matrix!!! by P on 06/23/2009. Trim: 2008 Toyota Matrix XR 4-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything! Great mileage, great looks, handles well, fun to drive, visibility, comfort, Toyota quality. The plastic interior was a selling point for me because of traveling with my dog and hauling cargo around. I can fit more/larger items in this than I could in my Xterra.
Cons: It could have a little more power but it isn't a sports car after all. It is what it is. I don't have any problems accelerating to get into traffic or up to speed. If I have to punch it, it responds quite well.
Overall review: Great choice for me. I went in looking at the Yaris and wanted the Prius. This was an excellent compromise. No regrets!
Excellent by Bill from Brooksville Fl. on 12/16/2008. Trim: 2008 Toyota Matrix Base 4-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Quality and Comfort, Economical everything works
Cons: Nothing at this point
Overall review: Excellent