2008 Chevrolet Equinox

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
"The Money Pit" by Jeff outta Luck on 01/18/2013. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I have owned this SUV 2 years , got it used. Bought it for my wife as a daily driver. Loved the style and proformance at first, and then the trouble began!!!!
Cons: This 2008 sport model was only available 1 year and I know why. It's a piece of junk! It has spent more time at the GM dealer than on the road! We had to have the engine pulled and the timing chains replaced 3 (THAT'S RIGHT 3) times in the last year! The last time it lasted almost 15000 miles. Also MANY electrical problems. A service tech. tried to tell my wife she had electrical problems because she used the plug for the towing package(which she never used) so it was her fault. What is a towing package for if you can't plug in a trailer anyway? Nothing but problems, and no help from GM. I've tried their customer service people all the way up to the regional director and got nowhere.
Overall review: I got screwed on this vehicle and cannot get rid of it, I will never buy a Chevy again! I sure am glad the U.S. Govt. used our money to bail out GM( NOT) they should have gone down like Nash,Studabaker,Edsel and many others! Make a quality product and stand behind it or get out of this business. JUNK!
Awesome Vehicle, Strongly Recommended. by David, Fort-Lauderdale FL on 10/15/2010. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Really love the interior, for a vehicle I bought used, it really stood out. Great sound system, with 7 speakers - awesome bass - I love the fact I won't have to purchase an aftermarket sound system. Very roomy, and the exterior design turns lots of heads. I average about 20 - 24mpg which is pretty good in my taste for an SUV.
Cons: Like everybody else, the road noise is a sour thumb for me. I also did not like the wide turning angle, makes it difficult for me to park like I used to compare to my old Nissan 200sx. Maybe both of these issues were addressed in newer models.
Overall review: Great car if you want the sporty look/feel/handling as well as enough room for a family. That's why I got mine.
so far so good by lookout on 12/01/2007. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: handling v-6 powerful roomy
Cons: nowhere to hang clothing gear shift not illuminated
Overall review: Like vehicle Great and comfortable on long trips
Review ID: #519393 Is this review offensive?
The Perfect Small SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/13/2009. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It is the perfect size SUV for my son and I. It has more room than my sedan, but still gets good gas mileage.
Cons: Haven't seen any yet!
Overall review: I love this classy, stylish, yet NOT wussy SUV!!
My Wife Car by Don on 09/17/2008. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Style, and the interior. Kudo's for the OnStar. Mine came with XM radio, but for me, I like just a few stations to listen too while driving. Gas mileage a plus in my book.
Cons: Road noise...need to improve on this area. Cup holder between driver and passenger, difficult to set parking brake with cup hold out. Right front passanger seat...seems to pinch your leg as swing out to exit the vehicle. I have heard other comments about the seat.
Overall review: Overall.... great car for the money
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next