2008 Chrysler Aspen

I love this SUV!!!!! by Dion from Tampa on 05/21/2010. Trim: 2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have been a Chrysler buff for years and took the leap to the SUV only recently. I love the space it provides. My wife and 3 kids took a trip to IKEA and managed to fit 1 bunkbed (with mattresses), 2 nightstands, and 2 dressers in the cabin without affecting anyone's comfort. I also manage to get 16 MPG in city driving which matches my PT Cruiser I traded in for the Aspen. On the highway I have more than enough power to drive past traffic (with the 4.7 engine) and often find myself at 60-70 mph with no effort at all. This SUV drives better than 80% of the cars I have had. I love the interior lighting. Tons of power outlets. Easy towing for my boat. AWESOME speaker system!!! Comfy seats.
Cons: I would have REALLY enjoyed a USB port for my Ipod because using the AUX input looks messy.
Overall review: This SUV is awesome and well worth the 50% savings for buying used. A very smart buy and verifiably has more space behind the 3rd row than a Tahoe.
Love at first sight. by Shirley in Texas on 02/16/2009. Trim: 2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I purchased my Chrysler Aspen in August. 08. I love everything about it! Its stylish, comfortable and roomy! I am 5"3, so the adjustable seats come in very handy.
Cons: Blind Spot. If your coming around a left curve in the road and you need to make a left turn at that curve there is a very obvious blind spot, the front left interior panel blocks view of oncoming vehicles, I have to look around that blind spot. Make your left turns with caution!
Overall review: Other than the obvious "blind spot". This is my very first "fancy" SUV, I am extremely satisfied with my Chrysler Aspen.
Beautiful and Everything You Will Ever Need! by Mommy with tons of cargo on 01/22/2009. Trim: 2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I LOVE this vehicle. I bought it because of a new baby and lack of space for all my "stuff" in my old car. Everyone thinks it is a one of the MUCH more expensive SUVs because it is so stylish and beautiful, inside and out. The MyGig is wonderful, with the touch screen and hard drive to store my music, I hardly ever need to plug in my mp3 player into the provided aux jack. The backup camera and sensors making backing up a large SUV a breeze.
Cons: Sometimes the blind spots can be challenging, it requires a little more caution.
Overall review: It is all around a wonderful car! It is even easier to drive than my previous, smaller SUV!
Most Exellent Product. by Lee on 10/09/2013. Trim: 2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4X2, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The V-8 engine reminded me of the big engines that powered Detroit from 1955 until the EPA rules kicked in, The ride is smooth, acceleration is great, and the gas mileage is decent for a vehicle of its size. The radio is excellent with outstanding sound quality. The exterior and interior demonstrate the best of Detroit's craftsmanship.
Cons: Why didn't Chrysler put a pull handle on the driver side windshield column to ease getting in and out, such as on the passenger side.
Overall review: My wife and I opted for the regular V-8 instead of the Hemi., and enjoy driving it
Mixed blessing. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/28/2012. Trim: 2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4X4, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Suspension is made by Mercedes...and it feels like it. It does seem to float. Excellent for SUV
Cons: Gas mileage was deceptive. With 95 octane (non ethonal) city is 13, but highway is 17.5 on flat ground at 65 mph. If you drive 75 mileage drops to 15.5. Towing 2500 lb at 65 mpg is 10 mpg. This is with the 5.7 4x4 version. I rented the 4.7 4x4 and the mileage was much, much better.
Overall review: Tie rod gave out at 60,000 miles. Radio picks up static on all the fm stations more than 10 miles away. Seats are uncomfortable on long trips. Tires gone at 40,000, new tires were expensive and hard to find. It just costs so darn much to fuel it I am looking at moving to 2013 escape, which tows 3500 when I need it but will get 2x the gas mileage.