2008 Volkswagen Jetta

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
Comfortable and sporty family commuter by dcdue Los Angeles, CA on 06/20/2011. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Interior quality, seat comfort, ride and handling. Love the synthetic leather seats. Easy to clean and care for. Mid-grade stereo is surprisingly powerful. Burns 87 octane gas! I was concerned about VW reliability, but this car has been rock solid for 10 months.
Cons: Engine power is a bit down, even with the upgrade to 170 HP from the 150 HP in the 2007 MY. Mileage is a bit low--I only get 22-23 MPG with my mostly city driving. 7 mile commute each way. Exterior styling is a bit bland and derivative of the Toyota Corolla in the rear.
Overall review: Huge upgrade from my 2002 Corolla. I used to own a BMW 3 series. In many ways, this is a similar car, but easier to own. With the 5-speed, it's pretty much a sports sedan rather than a mere compact. Checked IIHS for safety ratings. Jetta was on my short list with the Saab 9-3 and Subaru Legacy. VW's 1 year remaining warranty and CPO coverage for two more years plus 1.99% APR made the VW a slam-dunk no-brainer. I'd definitely buy it again and recommend it to friends. Glad I don't have a new one. That car seems significantly cheaper based on what I've read.
The Feel Good Car by Jackie on 11/18/2012. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The way it rides at highway speed.
Cons: The lens covers on the headlights have become foggy.
Overall review: I bought this car used 2 years ago. I've never regretted it and love to drive it.
"A FIVE CYLINDER CAR" by JR, on 10/25/2008. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: HEATED SEATS , GOOD ACCELERATION, HANDLES GOOD.
Cons: FUEL CONSUMPTION IN TOWN AND HIGHWAY CAR DOES NOT GET VERY GOOD GAS MILEAGE. ON A TANK OF GAS FROM FULL TO EMPTY I GET LESS THAN 275 MILES. THE LAST CAR I HAD AVERAGED 410 ON A TANK OF FUEL
Overall review: I KIND OF LIKE THIS CAR, BUT I DONT THINK I WOULD BUY ANOTHER.
Affordable and Classy by Sarah Seattle on 03/18/2008. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Classy body style - chrome grill and lined windows - heated leather seats - Satellite radio - Ipod adapter in center consol - Triptronic transmission - the little VW logo in the headlights :)
Cons: No dislikes
Overall review: I am in love with my little VW Jetta
2008 Gemdandy by Demon from MD on 04/22/2014. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE, Owned 7 years.
Pros: 2008 Jetta SE -- 6 1/2 years trouble free with 100400 miles and still going strong. The only thing that this car has cost me is $145 battery!! That is not counting bulbs and tires and back brakes.
Cons: Too little storage space for misc items.
Overall review: A great car and far more attractive than the newer look that looks like every other car on the road!!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next