2008 Chevrolet Uplander

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Prices
2008 Chevrolet Uplander Fuel Economy
Burgundy Uplander 2008 by Tiffany, NC on 02/29/2012. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Uplander LT Ext. 1LT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The space, the ride and the power of the vehicle.
Cons: Seats are hard to take out and difficult to put back into the van. It is a little bit too much van for me, sometimes I have problems parking it and backing it out of tight places.
Overall review: I have had my uplander 3 1/2 years and it has had very little issues other than regular maintenance. I have driven it from NC to FL several times and never had a problem with it. It was a good price for me and very versatile. I love this van.
Great Family Vehicle by jc, tn on 05/26/2009. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Uplander LS Ext. 1LS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love how comfortable and roomy this vehicle is and the great 30 mpg gas mileage I get on the highway.
Cons: I don't care for the bucket seats in the back. They have no armrests. Also, the 12 volt plug in the rear of the vehicle is in the cargo area, making it difficult for cords to reach where they need to go. The front only has one plug, so we can only charge one item at a time, I would rather have 2 in the front.
Overall review: Overall, I really enjoy my Uplander. As I mentioned, I do not like the bucket seats. I prefer the bench seat in my old dodge. They also have no armrests which I find inconvenient. The plug in the cargo area is a negative. My kids have to sit in the third row to plug in their dvd player because the cord doesn't reach any further. On the plus side, I love how comfortable and smooth the ride is in this vehicle. I like the on-dash notifications, the tire pressure monitor, and the fuel estimators. This car gets great gas mileage. I usually get 28-30 mpg on the highway going 55 mph. Interstate driving is still 24-26 and city is around 21. I like how easy it is to fold down the seats to haul things. The cargo area is a little bit smaller than my old caravan, but it still fits all my groceries, stroller, luggage, etc so a little less space has not been a problem. Overall a great vehicle!
Super Van by Spud The Builder Vermont on 04/06/2013. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Uplander LS 1LS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love it!! Great power it will do burn-outs like my old 327 Chevelle. yet good on gas. I have a custom woodworking shop and have plenty of room for all my stuff with enough power to pull a trailer full of cabinets.
Cons: The Bowtie badgeing is delaminateing. 3" shy of holding 8' plywood and close lift gate with out bundgy.
Overall review: Great van,good mileage,comfy,roomy except for plywood issue.
Designed by bean counters, third version of van on same platform by 1dad5boys, Florida - vacation capital of the US on 01/26/2013. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Uplander LS Ext. 1LS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: - Inexpensive vehicle - Clamshell wipers clear most of the windshield - Easy to clean seat fabrics - Nicely padded headliner - Light interior color - Traction/Stability control - 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS - 3.9 engine has good power - 4 speed transmission is very durable and smooth shifting - Amazingly long powetrain warranty.
Cons: - Poor ergonomics - rear wiper is a little flip switch on the end of the stalk - Poor ride quality, extremely large turning diameter - Very poor quality control - Fisher Price makes better plastics - Poor fit and finish - 2nd row windows don't roll down - No grab handle to close sliders from inside - Huge blind spots for tall drivers - sliding tracks exposed inside and out - No side curtain airbags - Lack of cupholders, no cupholders hold large beverages - Front armrests are covered in cloth, not vinyl - Cannot fit a 4x8 - No folding into floor rear seat - 4 speed transmission is bad for fuel effiency. - Bumper to bumper warranty expires fast - engine is durable, the rest of the van is not.
Overall review: Sliding doors are very thin, require more effort then competitive products to close. 2nd row seats in LS are extremely small, thinly padded just an inch from the doors (why not mount them more inboard for safety and comfort?), have no fore/aft adjustment and no armrests. Pockets on rear of comfortable front seats are plastic bins that are easy to clean. Front door map pocket is a joke, no bottle holder and very small. Most other minivans have 2 tier map pockets. Armrests on doors are small. Van body is very narrow and short, making for a very choppy ride. This minivan requires more room to maneuver than most, cannot execute a U-Turn as easy as most other vehicles. This is pig on gas. This van requires more maintenance than most and will nickle and dime you. Seats are very cumbersome. The radio buttons on the wheel are small circles, what a joke! The silver accents on the spokes like to pull off. An adult sitting behind another adult results in a knees in dash/knees in back of seat.
Fantastic SUV by DuWayne on 12/31/2012. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Uplander LT Ext. 1LT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It's been a excellant riding ,driving , roomy & comfortable SUV. Plenty of power when you need it. I get between 18 city to 22 highway Miles per gal.
Overall review: Excellant SUV