2008 Jaguar XJ Series

The Last Real Jaguar by Larry on 03/18/2011. Trim: 2008 Jaguar XJ8, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This is the best Jaguar, overall, that I have owned: admittedly, it is also the first one that I bought brand new for $68,000 in January 2009. However, it seems that Jaguar finally made a very dependable, mechanically reliable (for going to work everyday) sedan. Thus, in comparison to my 1974 Jaguar XJ6L, 2000 XJ8L, 2001 S-Type, 2004 S-Type, 2005 S-Type, and 2005 XJ8L, this is the BEST Jaguar of the lot, overall.
Cons: Well, I had to get rear breaks after 30,000 miles, and they told me that I needed new tires after only 6,000 miles because the Pirelli's had lumps on the side... Therefore, Jaguar should go back to the Dunlop Elite Radials!
Overall review: I highly recommend this car to any Jaguar enthusiast, and with proper maintenance by the dealer (I bought mine from Moore Jaguar in Manchester, MO and the service manage Tim Schlemeier sp.? is awesome, along with Alan Fexer). I am sorry to say that I do not care for the look of the 2009 Jaguars (I tried), and I am really glad that I bought the 2008 before they changed the body style: thus I am calling my 2008 XJ 'The Last Real Jaguar'. But, that could change...
Test Driver
Classic and timeless by Mike on 11/20/2013. Trim: 2008 Jaguar Vanden Plas.
Pros: Classic Jaguar styling, luxurious leather seating, all aluminum construction, quality of ride over the highway.
Cons: Some plastic pieces flake their chrome-like finish, including door handles and trim around j-gate shifter.
Overall review: I have fallen hard for this classic beauty. Well maintained 2008 examples can be found for under $25k and with less than 60k miles. Very impressed by the high quality suspension and spirited, naturally aspirated V8 engine. Fuel economy on the highway of 25mpg is easily achievable. Look for a Jaguar select certified pre-owned 08 or 09 model and you may find you have warranty coverage extending 6 yrs or 100k miles past the original purchase date.