2008 Subaru Tribeca

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Rare SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/16/2013. Trim: 2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 7-Passenger, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is my 3rd Subaru and 2nd Tribeca. I owner a B9 Tribeca in 2006. I love the reliability of Subarus and their resale value plus you don't see these vehicles everywhere. This vehicle is also fun to drive!
Cons: It can be loud at times but this isn't a luxury car so I should'nt complain. I also wished it had HID lights.
Overall review: I looked at other suvs like Sante Fe, Highlander,Pilot and Sorento (my wife owns a 12 Sorento SX) but the Tribeca came out on top with me. The KIA and Hyundai SUVs caight my eye, I think their a great buy as well but you see them everywhere, just like other import SUVs. I like owning a vehicle that is rare but still just as nice and reliable. I recommend this vehicle.
Good.....but I expected more from Subaru. by Dans3rdSubaru from Northern Indiana on 10/03/2012. Trim: 2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Passenger, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Roomy, comfortable, good visibility, Subaru's AWD, interesting interior design, backup camera.
Cons: Not the best fuel mileage at 70 mph (22.5 mpg) but descent at 55 mph (24+ mpg)....all things considered. NAV system. The engine consumes oil! Consumes about 1/2 quart every 1000 miles
Overall review: This is the 3rd Subaru I've owned. Among the all cars I've owned it contains the most creature comforts. Leather, NAV, memory driver seat, backup camera, sunroof.....nearly everything, I think. Again, I enjoy the creature comforts and Subaru AWD reliability. However, the oil consumption really disappointed me. At first I thought there was a leak and turns out there was. The front timing belt cover needed to be resealed. Got that done and it still consumed oil. I kept looking for leaks, kept getting frustrated, kept bothering the local dealer. As I researched the vehicle a little more I came to find that this was a common thing, as was the front timing cover leak, with this model year Tribeca. I have since become content with simply adding oil every 1000 miles.....not happy but content. I see it like an expense just as fueling the car would be. I would recommend the vehicle but get a good detailed record on its used life.
A good vehicle to own by Krip, Stewartsville, NJ on 05/21/2012. Trim: 2008 Subaru Tribeca 7-Passenger, Owned 4 years.
Pros: A very good car. Other than the third row of seats very little leg space. This part needs to be chaged to provide more leg space.
Cons: The only inconvenience about this car is the third back row leg space. This needs to be improved
Overall review: Good
best midsize suv-excelent performance by none on 10/03/2010. Trim: 2008 Subaru Tribeca 5-Passenger, Owned 2 years.
Pros: smooth driving and handling, good response
Cons: gas milage
Overall review: excelent auto good interior and outside.handels well.
Tribeca by Retiree from Sudbury Ontario on 08/18/2013. Trim: 2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Passenger, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Handles well in snow.
Cons: Transmission failed at 30,000 miles. Very noisy seals at doors and windows. Back door rattles and Dealer needs to adjust hinges annually.
Overall review: I'm not a happy camper given the price. One of the poorest selling in its class in 2013
2 3 4 5 6  Next