2008 Volkswagen Passat

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Unexpected Greatness by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/22/2012. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Passat, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: High quality interior. Stylish exterior. Drives great. Great gas. Very happy with my decision to buy this car.
Cons: Nothing. Couldn't be more pleased :-)
Overall review: I bought this car used with 75,000 miles. It still drives and handles great. Either the first owner before me took really great care of this car, or the interior is very durable because it is in almost perfect condition. I wasn't looking for this car when i began auto shopping. Honestly, I never thought i would own a Volkswagen. This one caught my eye though and i have been loving it ever since.
Fast ad Furious for a great price by CPD from Florida on 07/11/2013. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Passat VR6, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have the V6 model. This car is fast and has great torque. The handling is superb and the ride is so smooth. I have had many volkswagens and this is by far the best. At 86,000 miles it still drives like new. I bought mine with 3000 miles from a VW dealer. It was built for a VW V.P. with a custom low profile body kit and a unique color combo. I get stopped often by admirers wanting info. I also get flipped off weekly by haters when my VW buries their acura, bmw 3, audi a4, ect off the line. German engineering..
Cons: The navigation on the 2008 is not even usable. It is just awful. You have to scroll through the alphabet and it is very clunky. I use an aftermarket external GPS instead. Problem solved. The paint job seems to be easily susceptible to scratches and dings. I park my car far on the outskirts of the parking lot. I come back to fine two monster trucks on either side with my paint on the door jams! I wish they would have used maple in the dash rather the he brushed silver.
Overall review: I would vow to only ever drive VW but........the new passat is awful. I was given a loaner during a tune up and what disappointment. It might as well be a ford Taurus. I like the CC but it has a more narrow wheel base and does not handle as well. I may have to repaint, get an installed GPS($$$), and drive it until it dies.
Things that don't change by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/07/2014. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Passat Turbo, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I like the looks.
Cons: I have the same problems that I had with my 2004. Seat leather that splits and cracks. It some how is not covered under their " Bumper to Bumper" warranty that I supposedly had when I purchased this lease car that had 24,000 miles on it. I was told that I had 1200 miles to get that repaired, which of coarse, it hadn't cracked yet. I had not reached the original 36.000 three year warranty. Another problem is that they tell me that I need to spend $1200.00 for a timing belt because I have 80,000 miles on the engine. Apparently they have to take apart the front end of the car to accomplish this. The car is expensive to maintain and they don't stand behind their product. Good bye VW
Overall review: My over all review of this car is below average.
2008 VW Passat has major electronic problems... Don't buy one! by April on 09/18/2013. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Passat Komfort, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The seats are cushiony.... That's about it given that doesn't start....so yeah
Cons: Repairs are very costly. At only 45k miles my anti theft device broke and that meant the car no longer recognized my key fobs. The whole steering column had to be removed which took 3 working days, then both keys had to be placed and the failure burned out my horn relay which meant a fourth day waiting for that part.... $1400 later I now do not feel confident that I won't have to repair it again... Obviously this is a major flaw in the car design. Customer Care did absolutely nothing for me except "record my grievance". I would never recommend VW to anyone. However, my 2006 Nissan truck with over 100k has only ever needed the drivers side power window replaced ...
Overall review: I am going to immediately replace this car with one that is more reliable. This car was not worth the trouble or expense.
german automotives the best by ultimate german driving on 03/14/2011. Trim: 2008 Volkswagen Passat Lux, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Exceleration good pedal shifters great metalic paint great
Cons: ride little ruff 17 inch wheels
Overall review: great car
2 3 4 5 6  Next