2008 Subaru Outback

08 Outback 2.5i is a great snow car! by Scott on 10/30/2009. Trim: 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5 i, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Symemetrical AWD. My primary AWD use is for driving to ski resorts with an occasional camping trip. Other 4X4 / AWD vehicles drive systems have a tendency to “walk” to the left or right in deep snow especially from a parked position. The Subaru AWD feels fantastic. It grips and goes, period. I love not having to engage a transfer case or anything else. Just go. Heated windshield. side mirrior defrost, big bright backup lightes, heated seats and rubber floormats make it a great snow car. The headlights are amazing! Performance and handling is better than expected for a car of this type.
Cons: Thin sheet metal seems to dent and scratch easy. Doors don't have window frames. More road noise than I would like. A little bit of transmission lag and unpredictability. I think it should get better gas mileage. I average 23.5mpg with a mix of city and highway. Hit 30mpg once on a long roadtrip but don't expect to get more than 25mpg. Interior parts are cheap and break kind of easy.
Overall review: Happy with the car. I paid $25k with tax and licensing + after market leather. Leather seats should be an option without having to go aftermarket. I bought it new and waited to write the review until I felt like I really knew the car. If got 29k miles on it and not one problem other than interior visor latch breaking. The styling is really nice, it handles great, and AWD performance in the snow is the best made, period. For the price you can't go wrong.
love my Subaru by Judy on 10/09/2013. Trim: 2008 Subaru Outback, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I love the heated seats in Wisconsin winters. No major problems with 130K miles. My second Outback station wagon & hope to buy a third some day. Handles great on winter roads. Up to 35 mpg on highway & it can pass any other vehicle on the road easily. Lots of cargo space. I feel safe in it. At 5 feet tall I can reach the pedals, and see out the back & front windows! Love the look of my car. Have recommended the Subaru to many friends & strangers.
Cons: uncomfortable passenger seat for my 5' 7" husband. Wish there were more PRETTY/brighter color choices
Overall review: BUY ONE/try one
ultmate car by Ted on 06/19/2013. Trim: 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5 i Limited, Owned 6 years.
Pros: a very good car, Just want to up date to a new car.
Cons: Am getting older, and high style getting in an out of seat.
Overall review: Will need new tires soon, drives good ,it is gray , garage kept.
2008 Subaru Outback 2.5 I Limited by Deb Woodland Park, CO on 03/03/2013. Trim: 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5 i Limited, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Handles great in the snow, seat warmers, 6 CD player, average gas mileage.
Overall review: To date the best car I have owned for maneuvering in the snow.
Drive one you'll like it. by JJ Indy on 10/14/2012. Trim: 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5 i, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I like everything.! Getting 29.5 mpg.
Cons: Interior is a little small.
Overall review: This is my 7th Subaru in the past 27yrs. They all have been very good to me.