2008 Honda Ridgeline

Satisfied 08 Ridgeline owner by Gary from Mo on 04/11/2013. Trim: 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Handling & ride are great,much better than I expected,even from a vehicle with independent suspension. The 3.5 v6 moves the truck quite well,no problems whatsoever merging into highway traffic,even with 3-4 hundred pounds of weight in the box.Speaking of the box,it seems to be larger that it appears,after hauling furniture,(sofas included,& not hanging over the tailgate by much)& various other things one would generally use a pickup for. Seats are comfy,rear headroom & legroom are sufficient for anyone under 6'7. The AWD/FWD system works very well,even in 6-10" of snow;the truck just plows right through it,with very little slippage. Just wished Honda made a full-size truck.
Cons: Rear visibility is not great,but comes with the body style.There are blind spots right behind the rear windows,but this can be overcome with prudence,caution & the addition of convex mirrors to the rear-views. Yes I know it's a AWD/FWD system in essentially a 1/2 ton truck, but gas mileage could be a bit better.
Overall review: Overall,a great truck;I was just blown away with the ride & handling;definitely not what I was expecting.Price is a bit high,but I would buy another one.I can't say that about the last 2 trucks I've owned.(One blue oval & one goat head) Just make sure to maintain it well,keeping in mind the every 60,000 mile timing belt change & the every 30,000 mile transmission fluid change,on top of oil changes,& any other required maintenance.
Best truck I ever owned by Waterman from Wyoming on 09/24/2011. Trim: 2008 Honda Ridgeline RT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: "Comfort and quality" I bought this truck used and it was a huge step up from my last new truck (3 letter brand). I have tested it out on some very rough forest service roads and it performed flawlessly. The 4 wheel drive system is incredible. I really like the trunk, all my emergency supplies are ready to use anytime I need them. My 6'5" buddy fits in the back seat without complaint. I love the seats as we can drive 500 miles and still walk normally afterwards (my last truck was uncomfortable from the day I bought it). One tip for anyone looking for a new vehicle- Don't ever buy after a 15 minute test drive, it takes at least an hour to find out if the seats are comfortable.
Cons: Gas mileage at high speeds could be better, I get 18-20 mpg but, when the wife drives she gets at least 23mpg , huge blind spots just to the sides of rear of the truck.
Overall review: This is a quality, reliable truck for every use except heavy hauling or huge trailer towing. I have owned all three domestic truck brands in the last 25 years and this is by far the easiest driving and smoothest drive train of the four.
Great Truck by Joel on 03/11/2011. Trim: 2008 Honda Ridgeline RT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Dependability, minimal maintenance needs- built very solid, I have never had any problems with my ridgeline, lots of storage, big trunk
Cons: 250 horsepower is just ok, truck could use at least another 50hp, interior is very tough but is prone to stains
Overall review: Very well built. Nice truck with the Honda quality we expect
TURNING THE TRUCK WORLD ON ITS HEAD by C.R.R. Vegas Baby!!! on 05/08/2009. Trim: 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL w/ Navigation System, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything on the truck my fav. is the trunk its so cool.
Cons: Speakers could be a little better and cleaning under the front seat is tough.
Overall review: I studied Honda from the '06 Ridgeline to the '09 and bought an '08 because I could not beat the price. Honda has taken the truck world and turned it upside down I have run into so many people who did not like the truck and I have impressed them all. From the hardcore truck climbing enthusiast to the eco friendly person they all got a taste of my truck and fell in love with it
A GREAT FIT. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/04/2008. Trim: 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handling, Safety, Brakes, Interior Room (especially in front), Storage, Many Usefull Features, And It's Fun to Drive!
Cons: Maybe could use a little more Chrome or something on the exterior?, but maybe not? No rear defroster but i'm not sure it needs one. Rear visibility takes a little getting used to but it's not that bad.
Overall review: This is the vehicle for the person who has owned the American 1/2 ton "step-side" or "off-road" package pickup trucks and found that the only time you really use the four wheel drive is in inclement wheather. It's also for the person who needs a truck bed on occasion but doesn't really do any heavy hauling. The bed is a nice size, and the dual action tailgate is really cool. I have owned a Z71 Silverado and always just put up with the inferior braking and poor handling. The Ridgeline RTS is very nicely equipped, and is a much better fit for me. I would definitely recommend it, especially over the Ford Explorer Sport-Trac, and even over a short bed Silverado or Chevy Colorado (all of which i have driven). Look at the reviews, I did and purchased a Ridgeline RTS.