2008 Chevrolet Colorado

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Great 4X4 by Leadfoot on 12/22/2007. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT1 Ext. Cab 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: After 6 weeks I still love this truck!I have the Z71, with I5, this thing has great power and torque.The best MPH I've gotten is 22.3 the worst is 18.8, not bad considering the lead foot I have. I put in 2.5" front leveling kit,spraylined the bed,wood trim dash,billet grille ,chrome alloy wheels and Leer 100XQ shell and get compliment all the time.
Cons: Ride is a little bouncie but then I lifted the front of the truck.
Overall review: I traded in my 05 Ford F150 4X4(best truck I ever owned) to get better mileage and wasn"t disappointed. I was going to get a Ranger or Tacoma but after driving all three and a friend that loved his Colorado, I made the wright choose.
Review ID: #520528 Is this review offensive?
Nice truck,...but! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/18/2012. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT1 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Nice looking truck, Interior is comfortable and lots of room. I don't pull anything with it mostly hauling items and has always been good.
Cons: The I5 engine is nothing to brag about, if you are one of the lucky ones and don't get one with tensioner issues on the timeing chain, kudo's to you. The dealer at fisrt didn't know of the issue but General Motors did. I've owned the vehicle for 3 yrs and it's getting louder when starting cold. General Motors says it;s nothing to worry about,...uum I don 't think vehicles were meant to rattle a tensioners around for the next 15yrs, and I can't get them to correct it, and have one yr left on warranty. If you do online searches on colorado tensioner issues you;ll find lots of posts.
Overall review: Great truck for what I need, and does everything I want, but due to the cons issue I will go back to ford they treated me much better, never had a reason to contact corparate offices with them
NOt so hot by KIngtruck from detroit on 11/12/2008. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: nothing
Cons: mostly everything. It is the worst truck i have owned to date. it has been nothing but trouble in many areas and handles poorly.
Overall review: This is not a truck i would ever buy again. I almost am ready to swear off chevy products but my wife and I are very pleased with our malibu maxx.
Ignore the reviews, this is a great truck. :) I LOVE MY COLORADO!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/09/2007. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT1 Crew Cab 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I don't know where the reviewers heads were at when they reviewed this truck. I have the 3.7 liter I5 engine which has more then enough horsepower and torque (242 hp/242 ft. lbs. for a vehicle that weighs less then 3800lbs, plenty), it rides very nicely with a smoother ride then the majority of trucks I've ridden in, and it handles much more like a car then a truck. It rides smooth and solid giving you a good feel of the road. It's a true joy to drive. It will get up and go. The warranty is also a huge selling point. 5 years/100,000 miles on the power-train, you can't beat it. The styling is gorgeous, I especially like the front-end design.
Cons: No light in the glove box which is a surprise, but then again my 2004 Trailblazer didn't have it either, a minor annoyance at night. Bed-liner not always stock so talk your dealer in to throwing one in. Washer-fluid reservoir is average sized, they could have easily fit a large unit like the ones in the Trailblazers.
Overall review: Excellent. Chevy has really refined their line of vehicles over the last few years. I love my Colorado, and everybody I've talked to that owns one does also. The reviewers gave it a negative on body width, which is confusing because there is plenty of interior cab room, very comfortable for 4 people and you could squeeze 5 or 6 in if you have to without killing eachother, and it's much easier to fit into tight parking spots. I've been impressed with the Vortec 3.7 liter Inline 5 cylinder and how it's matched up well with the rest of the drive train, and even in it's breaking period when I was taking it easy on it, it was still full of life even with the reins pulled back. I have not experienced any of the interior dash/component noise that I read about, it's put together very nicely. I am very pleased with this truck. Comfortable, powerful, and very stylish. I've received many compliments on it.
Review ID: #519674 Is this review offensive?
top of the line by Paul on 06/26/2014. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT1 Ext. Cab 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: works great under a load
Cons: tire size
Overall review: the best truck I have ever owned
2 3 4 5 6  Next