2008 Chevrolet Tahoe

Looks can be deceiving by Kelly, Philly, PA on 02/24/2012. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT3 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I owned a trailblazer, thought it was cute, but a little girlie, haha, so after four years I thought I needed to size up, add a third row and the cabin space of a mini Winnebago. When I saw the new 'Hoe, I liked the vehicle from the moment I laid eyes on it in 2007, new body, new handling, not as clunky as it's predecessor, so overall I was pleased. Gas mileage was pretty good for a full-sized "military duck-boat" as my friends and family referred to it.
Cons: I was soooooo disappointed to find that my Chevy was giving me so many issues, from the time the car turned a year old, it just started acting up. I was told it was my "throttle body" and that it "needed cleaning, then it needed to be replaced, then it was this and then it was that, oh, and the other thing, purchase gas cleaner and only put in premium gas, the sludge will do that to your throttle body". Fourth time that this issue happened I started to research a different brand, different vehicle all together, talk about disappointed. I even started to research the local Lemon Law guidelines - it was that bad.
Overall review: It seems like it could be a great vehicle, when it runs effectively. Great in snow, could pull whatever you hitch it to, but it was the issues under the hood that made me regret getting this vehicle.
Highly recommend, great towing vehicle by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/28/2009. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Pulls my canper (5,000 lbs) very well. I get 16 to 17 mpg in town with the 8 to4 cyl option as needed. Easy to handle. Fits better in my garage than a suburban I owned previously.
Cons: Miles on road is only 19 to 20 mgd and was hoping for a little higher
Overall review: Highly recommend. The third row seats come otu easily or flip up. I enjoy driving it in town and on camping trips. Currently I have 8,000 miles on the Tahoe.
never been happier by MON - UAE on 12/13/2008. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: every thing
Overall review: this vehicle is such a joy
Fantastic SUV LT3 4x4 Tahoe by Home Inspector from south east Georgia on 11/05/2008. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT3 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Outstanding SUV. Traded in a 2005 Tahoe LT 4x4 for a 2008 and could not believe the difference. The engine seams much more powerful and faster than the older model. Even better gas mileage than many smaller SUVs’ and minivans. I would highly recommend this SUV.
Cons: The DVD & Navigation set up has allot to be desired. The driver or front seat passenger has to change the DVD's for passengers in the back. If someone is watching a movie you can forget about listening to CD's, they use the same slot. I guess I can purchase another DVD played for people in the back. (It doesn't seem to make sense for a SUV of this price.) I will be purchasing a wire harness/adapter to allow the backup video and DVD screen to be used while the vehicle is in motion. The back floor is uneven when the third row seats are removed. A piece of plywood and black indoor/outdoor carpet fixed the problem and looks great.
Overall review: I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone considering a large SUV that has many luxury features usually found only on much more expensive SUV's. The 4x4 option has saved my life on two occasions in upstate NY & PA. Great gas mileage. It drives like a much smaller vehicle. The ride is very smooth. Try one out.
The Most Amazing SUV by Susan Chin on 07/17/2008. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: EVERYTHING, so easy to drive, so easy to control, very spacious, very comfortable...it is perfect for families...this is the ultimate car to be driven, the best thing is its so safe. Me and My family are in love with this car.
Cons: 20" wheels, ans suspension needs some extra tuning. i think if they joined the LTZ luxury with the Z71 off road package it can not be more than perfect.
Overall review: Excellent Choice.