2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Good Truck by Tom from Milwaukee on 05/21/2009. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling, handling, ride.
Cons: Interior cloth seats (lint, etc sticks to it) I may market a special Chevy lint brush - I'd probably could make a lot of $$ until Chevy realizes the problem and changes it. Dash sometimes makes a hum/vibration noise at lower speeds (nothing they can do about it- just annoying). Rear end "clunks" once and a while (sounds like logs rolling around in back of the bed). I've read from others this is "normal" (probably like the gear lash on my '97). Latest issue I've had is a rattle in door. Dealer said it's the plastic striker at the door latch and Chevy told them there's no fix. THis is really annoying so I will probably have to complain further.
Overall review: Overall good truck. I'd recommend but warn of the items listed above. These are fairly minor in nature - just annoying. I guess it's better than having a bunch of mechanical issues. I've heard some people complain the new trucks seem cheaply built. I'd have to agree compared to my 1997 but then again what doesn't seem to be cheaply built these days.
great truck by bob from ny on 07/17/2008. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Ext. Cab Std. Box 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: power, style, rides incredibly smooth.
Cons: none
Overall review: best truck I've ever driven, almost as smooth as a car, still works like a truck.
Where is my old '05 by NH on 04/22/2008. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck Long Box 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Not much, now that I've had it for 6 months.
Cons: Gross wt is 7000 lb, 600 more than my 05 silverado. Cargo weight on door jam: 1640, 230 lb less than 05. That's 830 pounds more plastic, 20 less hay bales. Toyota tundra door jam for similar pickup is 1925lb! The seat back only moves forward 5 inches, about half of what my 05 did. The inside space of the regular cab is smaller than my 05. The visor is thin and feels like it will break when I use it. The battery is inaccessible, the space where it was on my '05 is empty, WTFO? To change the headlight bulb, the air filter cover needs to be removed. Not like the '05 Dust and dirt are sucked into the cargo bed through all the cracks around the tailgate, never had this on the '05.
Overall review: I need a pickup that will carry a load, Chevy use to do that, now it looks like Toyota is the only one that will, with an 8ft bed.
GM dooms day of the American truck by Gabriel on 04/16/2008. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Ext. Cab Long Box 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Use one from a friend, it was ok but I will never purchase one for my self, not more than a fleet pick up
Cons: The interior felt cheap, the seat don’t have enough support,
Overall review: Like I read on a magazine “don’t expect nothing great from GM and you never be disappointed” I personally own two BMW and one Nissan that is twelve years old and is reliable enough to go any where in the US with just refueling every 400 miles. But my personal opinion is that a GM vehicle have a problem free ownership for the first 20,000 miles after that is downhill, mechanically and resale value, if you want a truck that you want to keep for a few years after warranty expire go for the Tundra, and you wont be disappointed.
Great Truck! by iswimalot Pittsburgh PA on 03/15/2008. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It is very roomy inside, front and back. The hidden storage compartments are a good idea, 2 glove boxes, under the seats etc. This truck rides better than most cars. I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!!
Cons: none
Overall review: The best truck I have ever owned.