2008 Subaru Legacy

Quality car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/09/2013. Trim: 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 i Limited, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Everything, but the awd is great. I'm avg 26 mpg too, on 50/50 driving which was a nice surprise
Cons: Only minor changes. 1-audio controls on steering wheel 2-auto lock at 10 mph 3-a ill more hp
Overall review: You know what you getting. The pple that complain should do their homework. Yes, backseat is tight. Yes, it's slow. But anyone who reads a review knows this already. Very sharp looking car, especially with the spoiler.
Speedy Subaru by Deborah in Renton, WA on 09/16/2009. Trim: 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: When i first brought the car home, the kids went crazy because somehow they knew this was a fast car. I never thought i would buy a subaru but when i saw this car, it was really pretty. I was debating on buying either a Lexus IS or the Acura TL, but the price was better for the subaru and more room in the back! It still is good on gas mileage. I put super in and i keep it in "I mode" to conserve, but during the times i really want to go fast, i switch it to Super Turbo and it really goes. Its amazing!
Cons: Dont have any cons to buying this car
Overall review: High recommendation
This Car is a Winner. An Amazing All-Weather, Multi-Purpose Sports Sedan. by Pleased in Colorado on 05/25/2009. Trim: 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Fun factor: This car is more fun to drive than any cars I've owned and rentals I've driven. It can really zip at altitude in the mountains, up hills, and on winding roads. And it's comfortable around town or on the interstate. Traction / Handling: I have a steep, long driveway, and when snowpacked, this car does better than any of the other 4WD or AWD vehicles I've had. We frequently take this car skiing (the rear seat center armrest folds down to allow skiis / lumber through from the trunk) during the winter as it performs so well on tough roads. Reliability: So far, just routine maintenance plus one recall notice on the turbocharger. The car seems just as solid as when I bought it.
Cons: Premium Fuel: It needs the higher grade fuel. Size: While it fits a family of four comfortably, it's not large enough for comfortable multi-day trips with four plus luggage. It's a smaller, sporty sedan. Mileage: While I've seen up to 34 mpg on the interstate, I usually see 24 mpg with mixed use driving and 29 / 30 mpg with normal highway traffic. For comparison, my previous car, a Honda Accord, easily did 27 / 28 mpg under the same mixed use conditions. Front windshield defroster: The front windshield defroster can't keep up with heavy snow conditions, resulting in icing on the wiper blades.
Overall review: I've had this car for nearly 2 years and am still very pleased with the vehicle. I've owned Hondas, Toyotas, and 4WD / AWD trucks in the past and this car has been a great step up from those cars / trucks. This is my first Subaru, and I'm still impressed with the quality, fit, and finish, which is comparable to the best I've seen from Honda and Toyota. It's a great all-purpose vehicle disguised as a sports sedan. However, it's best qualities are performance and handling. Even when loaded down, headed uphill, and at high altitude (where one loses a lot of horsepower), it still has great acceleration. It gives the driver solid road feedback which is critical on ice and snow. If I had to do it over again, I'd buy the same car.
Stealth AWD sport sedan by Sleepy58 on 11/29/2008. Trim: 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is a "stealth" car. It does not attract unawanted attention. The acceleration is as good and better in most cases as many high dollar European sport sedans. Subaru all wheel drive is outstanding.
Cons: Fuel economy isn't very good, but you don't buy a car like this if that is your primary requirement.
Overall review: I would recommend this car to anyone wanting an AWD sport sedan. You will need winter tires if you live in a colder climate as the OEMs are excellent Bridgestone Potenzas (summer performance tire) The interior is nicely done. The heated leather/alcantara seats provide excellent support for spirited driving. The Si drive provides great throttle response. I rarely use the Sport or Intelligent settings. Love the Sport sharp mode.
love this car by bikerguy on 11/12/2008. Trim: 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 i Special Edition, Owned 1 year.
Pros: this is a great winter car and the price could not be beat for an AWD
Cons: love this car
Overall review: buy the stick, the automatic is a bit sluggish