2008 Cadillac DTS

Greatest performance/luxury auto available by Keith from Alabama on 12/13/2007. Trim: 2008 Cadillac DTS Performance, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love its smooth ride and handling around curves. The big engine is very responsive.
Cons: The only thing I found is entering the driver's side. I am 6'3', and the steering wheel sometimes gets in the way, but once inside, the comfort is excellent.
Overall review: Overall, I couldn't be happier, it is the finest, best running, passenger friendly, performance/luxury auto available.
Review ID: #519917 Is this review offensive?
Everything You Need In A Luxury Car! by duddiesdaddy on 03/17/2012. Trim: 2008 Cadillac DTS Performance, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Platinum Edition rarity. Suede headliner is attractive. Leather dash is very classy. Tuscany leather is smooth to the touch. Navigation system is very easy to use. Very smooth and comfortable ride. Long road trips became a pleasure not a hassle. Every single gadget a car come with.
Cons: Fuel economy is not the best, getting around 16mpg in mixed driving. Car doesnt seem to be powerful, must be the size of the car since it has almost 300hp. Fake plastic chrome around the car, for this much money somethings should be metal. The interface of the navigation, Cadillac (GM) should get a contract with Garmin.
Overall review: I'm only 33 years old and I think this is the way a car should feel when you drive. My previous daily driver was a 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T and let me tell you these cars are night and day. The car I had before the Magnum was a 2000 Cadillac Deville DTS and I missed the feel of luxury when I went to the Dodge. This is why I bought a 2008 Cadillac DTS Platinum Edition, for the money you cant get a better car. The engine might not be the firecracker the Magnum has in it but its NOT for teenagers. Take offs feel a little sluggish but brake feel is great. Fuel economy is about the same as the Magnum and I was expecting a whole lot better. The styling of the DTS isn't on par with the CLS Mercedes but it does the job for a lot less. I was so close to getting a CLS but its so small inside and the Cadillac feels like your in a RV not a smart Car. If someone asked me if I would recommend this car, I would hands down. If you want luxury with all the gadgets get a Cadillac DTS Platinum Edition!
very adequate big car ride by Hiway cruiser on 03/17/2014. Trim: 2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury I, Owned 6 years.
Pros: My combined MPG over last 2 years is 22 MPG. I went from a Buick Ultra getting 25 MPG (supercharged 6) to the big V8 in the Cad. I drive mainly highway/freeway miles, country roads, with minimal city driving. Cad DTS is a great cruiser, quiet, powerful enough, comfortable, very roomy. I've got plenty of leg room and i have a 36 inch inseam. Trunk can carry lots of luggage.
Cons: Had to replace steering unit at 65000 miles. Unexpected. Car originally from mid west and salt deteriorated steering unit. Sometimes difficult to see cars behind me on driver side: "blind spots." Doors are big and open wide, so wide sometimes they are hard to reach out and close. Especially for my wife.
Overall review: Very satisfied with the vehicle, ride and MPG.
I was hoping for better by disapointment in Chicago on 02/06/2014. Trim: 2008 Cadillac DTS V8, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I like the car except for major engine problem.
Cons: Had to have engine rebuilt at 42000 miles . This is a $40,000 car? I Changed the oil before suggested times.
Overall review: I like the car but an engine overhaul at 42000 miles.
Great ride, power and quietness. by Willy on 11/25/2013. Trim: 2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury I, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Car has great ride, super quite, lots of power and looks like a million dollars.
Cons: Continuous trips to garage for everything from water leaks, door locks, fuel modules, head lights, power steering unit, struts and more.
Overall review: If you are in the market for a good riding car and don't go to far from the garage and have lots of pocket change this is your car.