2008 Chevrolet Suburban

GREAT SUV by Billy from Harrisburg NC on 01/20/2011. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great for family of 5, we have 2 6 year old girls & 1 12 year old boy. DVD is great, backup cam is a MUST!! Why do people buy these with 2wd?? I do not understand that??? I love the acceleration after I installed the K&N intake kit with trottle body spacer. 25 + HP more. Love the remote start. Better than any Ford you can get.
Cons: Towing could be better, If you tow get a 2007 or 2008 with the 4 speed trans. The 6 speed trans gives 1 or 2 mpg better but you will lose 1,500 Lbs in towing, 5,500 vers 7,000!!! If you put the K&N kit & trolle spacer in you get back the mpg, up to 22mpg.. If you tow a v nose enclosed trailer with it, you will get a wind noise from the back glass at over 60mph, cannot get ride of it.
Overall review: Great SUV for a big family. Just needs some twicking.
suburan 08 LT by mattrixrevolution on 10/07/2013. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Suburban, Owned 5 years.
Pros: very good for large families
Cons: i have to replace the rear differential which cost a fortune. 125,000 miles. i think there a manufacture recall for that.
Overall review: fairly good overall.
Super Utility Vehicle by Heavy hauler from the "Mighty Wisco". on 11/23/2009. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT2 2500 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Strong, capable and roomy. Powerful motor and surprisingly nimble. Came with remote start, an option I have never owned before, but will never live without. The tow mode is the best I have ever experienced, it takes care of all the shifting and even provides engine assisted braking.
Cons: Do yourself a favor and get the leather interior. The cloth interior attracts every piece of lint and dust that comes anywhere near the vehicle. No surprise fuel mileage is rough especially for the lead footed driver. Expect to have a driver's side exhaust manifold bolt replaced in the first 30k miles, a common problem on the 6.0L engine. GM has known about the problem for years, but is yet to fix it.
Overall review: Just towed a 1982 Suburban equipped with a plow and a Volkswagen beetle engine inside. Including the weight of my trailer it was in excess of 9600lbs averaging 65 mph. The truck did it without a problem the fact that I averaged 9 mpg was not bad for that kind of performance out of a gas engined vehicle. I think that says it all. My wife's family (all pickup owners) routinely ask me to perform the long tow and haul for them since my truck is the only one that keeps their luggage warm and can tow whatever they can throw at it.
WHITEDIAMOND by Hollywood from northeast TN. on 10/19/2009. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: We bought the WHITE Diamond package and everyone thinks its a cadillac escalade.The body style is great and has great power. We have three little ones in car seats so we got the second row bench and unlike someone said carseats do fit in the third row and the strap does fasten. Gas milage is as good our better than the lincoln towncar that I use to have. We also have two teenagers and there is plenty of room for all of us plus anything we need to haul. I love the back-up camera plus the mirrors are great. I love the onstar for our cell phone service as a third line to use handsfree and you can turn the volume up or down with the controls on the steering wheel
Overall review: A great vehicle and would tell anyone to buy one.
SUBURBAN: IT'S HOW WE ROLL !! by 'Burbanites' in Florida on 03/09/2009. Trim: 2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT1 1500 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love this SUV !! We were told the other day, while traveling the "yard sale" circuit, that this truck speaks class ! I have a black 2008 with chrome mirrors, chrome door handles, & chrome tailgate bar, it is sharp. Will paint our calipers red, to add a little sporty-ness to it. Cant beat the ride, my husband is a big time Dodge man, and he speaks very highly to everyone who comments on our Suburban, about how great the ride is. We get alot of comments on it and I dont think there is another style SUV on the road today, Escalade included, that will beat the classy look of the Suburban. SUBURBAN: IT'S HOW WE ROLL...
Cons: Nothing, all pros !! We bought our '08 in May of 2007 and have no complaints yet !!
Overall review: The best SUV on the market today, and, it's all in one package: value, great mileage, interior style, exterior beauty, ride, it is all there !!! We traded our 07 Tahoe in on this 'Burban', I think these are the 2 hottest looking SUV's on the road today.