2008 GMC Acadia

Great vehicle but go for a 2009 or later by LikeMyG35Better from Seattle on 06/10/2011. Trim: 2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: - Performance is decent for a vehicle in this class - AWD handles great in the snow - Seating layout is great for us (2nd row captains chairs with 3 in the 3rd row) - Discoverd that we really like the head-up display
Cons: - 2008 model year prone to roof leaks - Smell of burning plastic when exiting the vehicle after a long drive - Low ground clearance - Poor gas milage (we avg around 16 MPG)
Overall review: We had several problems over the 2.5 years we had this vehicle. The worst was a water leak in the roof that caused all sorts of havoc with the electrical systems. After several months of working with GM and our local service manager, GMC gave us a buyback for a new 2011 model... four hours later that one started leaking too! The dealer assures us that this was not caused by the same drain tube problem that plagued the 2008 model, but it was a faulty seal in the rear sunroof. So, GM gave us another brand new 2011 (hope the 3rd time is a charm). If you buy a used 2008 and it has under 36K miles, I would highly recommend buying the GM protection plan to extend the warranty.
The ladies Crossover - CUV by keybbw on 05/11/2008. Trim: 2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: What I like most about my Acadia is that it feels like you are driving a car instead of a large truck. Before I purchased the one I have now I drove a Chevy Cavalier for nine years. It was a big change but not as dramatic as if I had changed to a Chevy Tahoe. The gas mileage is not bad either.
Cons: I love everything about the Acadia. I have no cons.......
Overall review: I think this crossover will work well with the ladies. Especially young mothers, those without kids would love it too (like me). It's a change from the minivan and small SUVs..... The design is great and to me it's quite feminine.
A Dream to Drive by X SCCA Racer on 03/08/2010. Trim: 2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Dependability. Have had two trouble free trips from Vail Colorado all the way down to the coast of Manzanillo Mexico. 30 hours (2.5 days) of very comfortable driving. Once on Mexico's toll roads I set the cruise control to 100 MPH feels like 70. Have 25K miles on her. Will definitely purchase another one to leave in Mexico. Handles very well and has the power when putting the peddle to the metal. Head lights are excellent.
Cons: The plastic look a like chrome on front and rear bumpers has discolored in several areas from the mag chloride they use on the roads in CO.
Overall review: Have had two Denali's in the past. They were just a tad more cofortable interior wise. I like the 21 cubic feet of cargo space with all seats down compared to 19 C/F in the Denali/Yukon. The folding 3rd seat is a huge plus.
Must Buy this Car. by Andrea from Blue Bell, PA on 04/06/2008. Trim: 2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Where do I start, I have only had the car for about 3 weeks and I absolutely love it. I love everything about it, the interior, the exterior and all the gadgets it comes with. It does not sound like a huge car and it does not feel like I am driving a mini van. Still trying to figure out all the gadgets that it comes with. Absolutely love the remote start...
Cons: Absolutely nothing
Overall review: If you are looking for a great SUV this is should be your choice.
drives like a car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/28/2008. Trim: 2008 GMC Acadia SLT-1 FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: everything
Cons: i did not get it loaded
Overall review: gets good gas milage