2008 Nissan Altima

Good while it lasted... by Jonny on 09/14/2011. Trim: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Very comfortable, handles well, real sharp looking, decent sound system, love the factory AUX input for MP3 players
Cons: Electrically, the car had a mind of its own. Heater controls would work when they felt like it, I'd get brake warning lights randomly when there was nothing wrong with them (plenty of pad left, fluid filled properly, all sensors working - verified with a scanner on a test drive). Gas mileage was mediocre for a smaller car with a 4-cylinder. The CVT was awful! You had to manually shift it when yielding onto the highway just to be able to use engine to its potential.
Overall review: This car was bought with with fun and economy in mind. I did see 30mpg on a few occasions, but not commonly. It's a sharp looking car for sure, but for the lack of performance and quality for the money these cars demand new, I would never recommmend it. When the electrical issues finally wore my patience out, it was traded in.
Great family car by Kim Seattle on 10/14/2012. Trim: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, Owned 5 years.
Pros: What I like about this car, is that compared to other family cars like a Camry, it has pick up and go, it accelerates a little better. (not a speed demon- but I feel like one). I love the sleek look. Even after 5 years of ownership, have never needed to repair anything, but it's at 60K miles now. I love the way it handles and see no reason to trade it in. I rent cars frequently for work, and love mine over many that I rent. I get about 24 Mpg in city, 32-33 on the freeways.
Cons: I think the sleek shape means the back window is slanted in such a way that it takes longer for water to roll off of it, or it stays a little bit. That would be the only thing.
Overall review: It also has enough interior room for 3 teenage boys to sit comfortably.
Very Reliable Car. by Andres on 01/30/2013. Trim: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The car is roomy, stylish, reliable, and accelerates quickly. Very sporty feel and for the cars size it feels very nimble on the road. This car gets excellent MPGs especially for the power. I am averaging 27.2 MPGs. You need to know how to coast and not over accelerate ect to achieve this great MPG. 10 year/120K mile transmission warranty.
Cons: The CVT sometimes hoovers at certain RPMs which makes for some vibrating and noises. I have also heard of many transmision problems with the NISSAN CVT. So far I have had none (~57K Miles). The interior is UGLY and very cheap feeling. Not much tech in the car when compared to the competition.
Overall review: This car is very reliable and offers a sportier option to those who want a family car. I would suggest getting the SL version or higher since you get a few tech upgrades and leather seats. I had a weird major mechanical problem happen in 2009 where I had a hole form on my catalytic converter and all the tubing on the left side including the muffler had to be replaced (All covered under warranty)**Only reason I deducted 2 points on reliability**. Other than that the car has been reliable and smooth to drive.
Great automobile. by Jim from Gadsden. on 08/27/2012. Trim: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Good, serviceable car, good gas mileage (27 in town), relatively comfortable. I have had no problems. In fact, I now have two Nissans.
Cons: Brakes are sensitive. Accelerator sensitivity can be erratic. Driver's seat needs lumbar support. Had to replace battery within a couple of years.
Overall review: The car was what I would expect in an automobile, with better than expected gas mileage. Love the CVT.
Good Car by Mario on 07/15/2013. Trim: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Manufacturer stands behind their product, Transmission problems just before 100,000 miles, Manifold problems at 149,000 miles and another recall issue at 235,000 miles and Nissan is taking care of it
Cons: The air pressure sensor, when it goes bad it can't be fixed, arm rest also creates a void on it, but I'm talking well over 200,000 miles and still going
Overall review: Good vehicle for the price