2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Great car for sporty family guy. by Likey sporty cars. on 09/03/2010. Trim: 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Torquey, very stylish, very good looking, nice leather, nice control layout, killer hifi 650w stereo, front drive (good for snowy hills), fits large people better than before. Great compromise for someone who wants a sports car, but may have to carry wife and a couple of kids occasionally (though kids will be cramped). In the hands of a good driver, this car really sticks to the road on hard curves, and can really take off. Big complaint on old G2 mitsu was not enough space between steering wheel and my knees (I am 6'2"). This was fixed in the G4. Plenty of room for knees and long legs for the driver. Timing belt change is now 105000 miles, instead of 60000 miles. Auto-dimming mirrors.
Cons: Poor visibility, you really have to check blind spots. Engine is thirsty all the time, even in 6th gear. Black paint has problems (google). Back seat is cramped, like Camaro or Mustang. Poor turning radius, like every eclipse.
Overall review: History: I owned a 2nd gen turbo eclipse GST for 100000 miles/10 years. Also own a Vett, owned a Fiero SE V6, etc. I just bought this car in 2010 with 490 miles on it. It is a 2008. It listed for 27k. New ones list for 30k. I got it for 20. Warranty was activated 2 months ago, still have 5yrs/10yrs! I've only owned this 2008 Eclipse GT a couple weeks. It is very attractive, and very strong (0-60 in 5.8). I have the stick shift, which is exactly what I like. This engine has a lot of torque, and is front drive, but you won't have a problem unless you drive foolishly. I took some very nasty, hard curves during test drive, and performed some hard acceleration. The car did great. It is heavy, but strong. I love the leather steering wheel/stick shift. 650w Rockford Fosgate plays all music beautifully (classical, rock, etc) with great freq response. Great handling, for "family" car. Great performance. Great warranty - 10 yr powertrain. Exhaust has great sound. Get the v6 stick shift.
Wonderful CAr by Auburn, Al on 05/06/2010. Trim: 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is the first car I bought myself and I love it! I've only had it since March and it drives very well. I love the way the interior lights up blue and the deep seats are nice. I do wish I'd been able to find a convertible but I wouldn't trade it for anything. :) The speaker system is terrific, loud, and has ridiculous bass. Insurance wasn't bad considering I'm only 20!
Cons: I do wish mine was a convertible, had an mp3 input, and rear view vision is terrible. You get used to it but backing up or out of a parking spot can be dangerous.
Overall review: My favorite!!! :D
Mothers worry by D. B. Scottsburg, Oregon on 12/02/2009. Trim: 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse SE-V6, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Ease of handeling, gas milage, apperence and it's absolute fun to drive.
Cons: The seating room is a little small for a larger person. Display dials are somewhat hard to read.
Overall review: Excellent ride
2nd Itsy Bitsy Spyder, Ms. Muffit loves her car. by Sunset Pearl over I-70 on 07/24/2009. Trim: 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Spyder, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: 0-60 is average but 60-90 rocks. Great Torque. Sound system with the Rockford Fosgate is awesome, top down at 80 mph and the sound is crystal clear!
Cons: NO rear visibility, rear window is barely a slit when the top is up. I usually just solve that by putting the top down (-:
Overall review: Owned and 03 4cyl Spyder and was very happy with it, traded it at 146k with no problems, this one ROCKS over the 03. 6 cyl is so peppy, the brakes and sound system make it fun, and just like the '03 I usually get at least 1 comment per week about the styling and how sleek it is.
Stylish, sporty, fun, and fast; 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse. by Tracy on 05/27/2009. Trim: 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the way the Eclipse handles. The steering is really tight even after a year. I love the Rockford Fosgate sound system with the 10" amp.
Cons: I just would have liked it to come with a mp3 plug. I would hate to have to sit in the back seat, but I didn't want it to cart people around.
Overall review: I love it.