2008 Pontiac G6

Great, Solid Car. Hate they don't make them anymore. by Cricket from Clintwood, VA on 11/13/2011. Trim: 2008 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: -Peppy -Plenty of leg room. My husband is about 6ft and I am 5'9" so the leg room up front is a big deal for us. With the G6 we don't have to worry about it. -Good, solid ride. It might not be your cup of tea but if you like the way a sports car rides and handles then the G6 is def. in the running. If you are used to the more lurxury riding-car, the G6 might not be the best route. -Decent MPG. For the class of car it is in, the G6 falls in the middle of it's category. I get anywhere between 21MPG-23MPG City, and about 25 MPG Highway. -Beautiful, simple exterior design. Very eye pleasing lines with a sporty, Pontiac edge. -Comforable interior design. -Monsoon sound-great factory system.
Cons: -***Brakes***. My husband and I bought our G6 in Feb. 2009. It was a program car with 22k miles. At 35K miles, we had all 4 rotors resurfaced under warranty. At 39k miles, we had to replace the front rotors with the drilled and slotted ones coupled with the ceramic pads (about $450 in parts if you do the work yourself). And just recently we put the mid-grade rotors with ceramic pads on the rear of the car (about $200 in parts if you do the work yourself). We haven't had any problems since. All the parts were bought at NAPA. It's well worth the $$$. -The rear doors are hip grabbers if you stand to close to shut them.
Overall review: Overall, I give the G6 a solid 8. I have owned a 99 Pontiac Grand Am, 05 Chevy Cobalt, 08 Nissan Sentra, and the G6. Out of all the cars I have owned and all the cars I've drove, the G6 will always come out on top. It's sporty, good MPG, and roomy and the price tag wasn't that bad either. It's got enough creature comforts with the remote start, adjustable pedals, steering wheel radio controls, and manual shift mode. Be sure you check the rotors before you buy the G6, however. Don't buy any less than the mid-grade rotors. Otherwise you will be buy rotors every other time you change the brake pads. I live in the Appalachian Mountrains of Southwest Virginia where your brakes are used heavily. I strongly reccommend the G6 to anyone in the market to buy used.
My Pontiac G6 GXP by Marcy(Navy Veteran,Hospital Corpsman) from Cleveland,Ohio on 09/27/2010. Trim: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It is a shame that GM allowed President Obama to convince GM that nobody likes Pontiac, that is not true at all the real truth is that Buick was the one to be discontinue and not Pontiac but because the Chinese government was liking Buicks he pressured them to cut Pontiac. Bad mistake,this is the second G6 I HAVE OWN, this is a beautiful car in response, handling, interior and exterior. For me to go 80mph on the highway and switch lane with no negative problems is good. You can't do that in a Ford,Toyota,or Honda. Why must politics play into what consumers want. Bring back the Pontiac, this is a beautiful car to drive. I have had no mechanical problems since owning my car.
Cons: NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!
Overall review: I have recommend this car to a lot of people, I have notice that people at my place of employment have brought this car, I was the first to actually show up to work with a2005 Pontiac G6 GT nobody knew what it was but they like it. Next thing I know G6s started appearing,makes me feel good, I actually knew about this car before Oprah, the salesman that sold me my 1999 Oldsmobile Alero gave me the booklet in 2004 because I was trying so hard to get out of the Olds Alero, he told me to hold up and wait I got something here you might be interested in. I must say I don't regret buying both of my G6s. I love my Pontiac G6, THE BEST GM HAVE EVER MADE. I am loyal to American made autos, keep Americans working.Bring back the Pontiac, it is a beautiful car, both the G6 and G8 are classics. In fact there is a "Flex Fuel" version of this car.Why should we let politics determine what we should buy or have.
Fun ride when roof doesn't leak.. =0 by NJBarbie on 10/05/2010. Trim: 2008 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It's a fun ride. So far reliable.
Cons: It's moon roofs leak like a sieve.
Overall review: Was a great car till roof started to leak like a river and rusted the car.
G6 GXP Sedan by Jessi Fayetteville, WV on 10/18/2012. Trim: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I own the 2008 GXP model and love it! It gets great gas milage and yet has room for 5 peoople to ride comfortably even on a longer road trip. Very classy and beautiful looking sporty car with luxury.
Cons: The only real issue I have had so far in my year of ownership is the steering wheel rubbing and making a noise at times when you turn the wheel harder or are backing up to park. The tires are a little pricy also but well worth it.
Overall review: Great car with great luxury and sport all in one!
great car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/15/2012. Trim: 2008 Pontiac G6 Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Sporty and drives very welll its a grear car
Cons: Base.model does not have cruise control standard
Overall review: Its wonderful car