2008 Ford Taurus

"Ultimate Driving Machine" by Car Guy: from Massachusetts on 08/05/2012. Trim: 2008 Ford Taurus SEL, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Super smooth ride, lots of get up and go for a car this big, decent gas milage around town averaging 23- 24 mpg's,on highway trips I average 29-30 and have even seen 31mpg's doing about 75mph. Good interior quality, good stereo, comfortable seats, plenty of space even with a car full of adults. Huge trunk.
Cons: transmission started sticking alittle around 70,000 miles but a friend told me it's a ford thing and need to change the transmission fluid.
Overall review: Love the car, it's smooth and quick, and unless u floor it u can't really feel how fast the car actually gets going thanks to the 6 speed transmission, but i like it because it make the ride that much smoother, and the 6 speed tranny also helps with the mpg's.
The great car by great ganny on 01/19/2012. Trim: 2008 Ford Taurus Limited AWD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: very nice car for the price ,lots of room , good performance, all in all great for the money!
Overall review: very nice car for the price ,lots of room , good performance, all in all great for the money!
BEST FAMILY CAR ON THE MARKET by MA from MT on 10/27/2009. Trim: 2008 Ford Taurus SEL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: EVERYTHING. Have 3 children and hubby and I were looking at SUV's for the space. Unable to find anything affordable. Ran across this at a local dealer and we absolutley fell in love. The backseat room is unbelievable for a car. The front seats are roomy and very comfortable. Everything in it is easy to use. Lots of trunk space. Plenty of get up and go. I tell my husband its really an undercover sportscar. Love every minute we are in it!!!!
Cons: None so far. The only reason I gave a 9 on style is because now I am jealous of the 2010!!
Overall review: When we were at the dealer and my husband wanted me to look at this car ... honestly my first thought was .. a taurus? WHO KNEW!!!!
best ford that I have owned by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/12/2009. Trim: 2008 Ford Taurus Limited, Owned 1 year.
Pros: interior size, large trunk space, good mileage (average 25mpg)
Cons: not applicable
Overall review: very happy with this car, have put 40,000 miles on it so far
"I should have gotten a Toyota" by Mr. Bill / Hampton, VA. on 03/22/2009. Trim: 2008 Ford Taurus SEL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: No pros just cons.
Cons: After three service visits for a noise in the front end that finally got resolved after six months and the automatic transmission surge at take off I am a bit unsatisfied with the product.
Overall review: For $28,000.00 and owned for 1 year with 4468 miles now the kelley book price list is now $14,400, i feel as if i was ripped off by FORD. Why are we the tax payers bailing out Big Detriot if they can't build them right the first time.