2008 Dodge Avenger

Be Very Careful by Vacation Turned Bad on 06/27/2010. Trim: 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It looks great!
Cons: On 6/25/10, my daughter and I traveled to Hollywood, CA from Bakersfield, CA. On our way home, around 11:30pm, we stopped at the gas station and the gearshift was stuck into park. We tried everything and was unable to move he gearshift. My family arrived in Hollywood to assist up around 3:00am. My brother-in-law removed the consol where the gearshift was placed and messed around with a piece of pink plastic that he stated had something to do with the gearshift. After 30 minutes, he was able to put the car into drive. When arriving home in Bakersfield, we were unabel to take the car out of park again. This problem shoul be recalled by Dodge. This was a trip that could have turned deadly.
Overall review: Make sure the gearshift is replace before purchasing this vehicle by the dealer. This is a Huge Safety Issue and very costly.
Very good Car on highway & city. by Daddio from Las Vegas on 10/09/2011. Trim: 2008 Dodge Avenger SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very smooth Ride.
Cons: Too big of a blind spot in rear.
Overall review: I am thinking of trading up to the 2012 model!
All that and a bag of chips! by ndblais on 06/16/2011. Trim: 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Style, style, style! Definatley an aggressive look. Bold fascia , high sides, and ties into a well finished rear end. Interior is comfortable and pleasent on long trips. I love the LED ights and the hot/cold cup holder is awesome!! I have the Inferno red with the contrasting black/ tope interior. Heated leather, power driver seat, smooth shifting tranny. The 6 cylinder provides enough power to zip through traffic but is pleasant at the pumps. I have owned for over a year and love it.
Cons: The rear window is a little tight so it can cause minor problems when backing up. I did have a problem with the shifter, mine got stuck in reverse(fun fun fun). The dealer fixed free of charge and no problem since.
Overall review: Great, fun car to own.
Avenger by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/01/2009. Trim: 2008 Dodge Avenger SXT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I think this vehicle is quite stylish and is comfortable on long drives.
Cons: The exceleration is slow but once it get over the slow moment, it fine. I also dislike the blind spot on the rear windows and there is definitely too much plastic on the interior.
Overall review: It is a good car and serves my purpose.
Quite Satisfying in all areas by Bella from South Cal on 05/07/2009. Trim: 2008 Dodge Avenger SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It comes with an 8 year, 80K miles bumper to bumper warranty. It's a handsome, classy looking car that handles extremely well - very tight; the car does what you "tell" it to. Comparing the appearance of the Avenger to the Challenger, the Avenger is without question the best deal. It's hard to tell the difference between the two cars when looking at the vehicle but you definitely see a difference in price tag. Our Avenger gets 30+ mpg on the highway and 18-20 in town. As for a quiet ride, I'd rate it a 7.5 with a Cadillac being a 10. I'm shocked that insurance companies charge more to insure this auto because we have the security of air bags surrounding front, back and side.
Cons: The seats and interior are quite nice but the seats aren't something you sink into with a sigh of "awe, this is luxery." On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give the seats a 6. I resent all auto makers for not putting a decent ashtray in vehicles these days. There's no ashtray in the Avenger.
Overall review: I'm glad we bought the Avenger. It's been a perfectly dependable car that I'm proud to drive. I know I'm safe in it and if the slightest thing goes wrong with it (like the clock not keeping correct time), the dealership will fix it.