2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Great Small SUV by Laurie05701 on 01/19/2010. Trim: 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I have had my Escape since May of 2008, and with only regular maintenance, it has been a great little SUV. I have consistenly gotten 26 mpg in the winter, and get around 32-34 in the summer. Obviously, my hybrid works better in warm temperatures. Bottom line, I have had a full size Explorer, and I am not disappointed with Fords little SUV!!
Cons: A little pricey
Overall review: Love it and would buy another!
Escape Hybrid by Opie from Honolulu on 03/13/2009. Trim: 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: MPG...we've recorded up to 40 mpg!
Cons: Plastic trim is a bit flimsy & cheap
Overall review: Outstanding Hybrid vehicle...36 MPG for over a year, lots of room and fun to drive. Recommend this vehicle 100%. Don't know who rates vehicles for the mags and website...but get off the Toyota and Honda bandwagon...Ford owns quality and performance in the Hybrid. Next vehicle will be a Ford Fusion Hybrid!!! 45 MPG and more room than the boxy prius or accord
Fantastic Right-Sized SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/23/2008. Trim: 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great gas mileage - I drive 350 miles per week to work in a carpool, a mix of highway and city, and I consistently get 32 mpg. Comfortable, good visibility, good height, great leg room for my tall husband. I love that the interior's made out of recycled materials. Seems pretty sturdy.
Cons: Handles bright sun poorly - the visors are a little too small to cover the top of the windshield, and there's a bright glare bounce off the dashboard cover (this cover should be matte finish and flat, rather than shiny and curved). I bet they tested the Escape in a cloudy climate rather than a sunny place. Don't like having to take off the headrests to put down the seats, either. A few more cubbyholes (accessible to the driver) would be nice, too, for sunglasses and other items.
Overall review: This is a great vehicle and I will keep buying them as long as Ford keeps up the quality. I think the Escape doesn't get nearly enough attention from the media. They say "but you have to pay $3,000 more!" With the federal and state tax credits we got (nearly $6,000), we saved money by buying the hybrid, even before the gas savings!
escape by hanna on 03/03/2014. Trim: 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: In your opinion, what are the best features, positive attributes and advantages of this vehicle over other vehicles? Are there any items you were not aware of when you purchased the vehicle that are now advantages of this vehicle
Cons: In your opinion, what are the worst features, negative attributes and disadvantages of this vehicle over other vehicles? Are there any items you were not aware of when you purchased the vehicle that are now drawbacks of this vehicle
Overall review: Summarize your overall experience with this vehicle, in spite of all of the pros and cons. Include any information that would be important to a buyer considering this vehicle for purchase. Include any short, personal anecdotes you think would be of interest to other buyers.
Avoid this overrated highly priced wreck. by JJJohnson on 05/28/2012. Trim: 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Futuristic feeling when engine cuts out mid movement, Bright OEM headlights
Cons: Craftsmanship the same as late 90s Hyundai. Unimaginably cheap materials for such a pricey truck! Felt headliner feels recycled from a Ford Tempo. Disappointing MPGs for such a publicized truck.
Overall review: Worst decision of the new millennium for me. Spent more than 34K on a truck that probably should be in the economy car range of pricing. Leather quality is that of the same of a knock-off Chinatown Louis Vuitton, and after only one year of light service MASSIVE cracking and peeling. My 2000 Mercury Sable's leather is MINT in comparison and get far heavier use! Ford really turned away from customer satisfaction, and probably spent too much of the budget on hiring Mike Rowe to install adequate appointments to car. My wife's luxury car, Audi A4 of a close year cost about the same, so I am not sure where Ford is investing that premium price. I just ditched the horrible Ford and took a big bath in losing many thousands on trading it in. I was so displeased with the new Ford company, I decided to buy a car that was built in the States, I went with Hyundai, and the car is far better build and cost thousands less.