2008 Ford Escape

My 2008 Escape by jsjohnson3 on 10/25/2010. Trim: 2008 Ford Escape XLT FWD I4, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love the capacity & the option to place the rear seats down & be able to carry large items. It is also perfect for my large Yellow Lab. I like sitting a bit higher than normal cars....feels like it gives me an edge!
Cons: The shiny black paint that adorns the back of the front side windows & the front of the rear side windows is an eye-sore. When this began, I was 30 days out of mileage warranty & Ford would not help.
Overall review: I love my Escape & will most definitely buy a new one...........I will be watchful of the unique finishes & watch them like a hawk.
So-So Vehicle by Yooper on 07/02/2012. Trim: 2008 Ford Escape Limited 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: good for towing but mpg goes way down, 4WD and traction control in snowy UP Michigan winters is excellent, open road 25mpg, lots of cargo space
Cons: battery replaced at 3 years, Sirius radio failed after about 2-3 years, front end suspension "creak" that dealer has never been able to fix, annoying tailgate "squeak" that dealer has never been able to fix, engine power is right at the edge meaning in overdrive it can't take even a slight hill without down-shifting out of overdrive, front wheel speed sensor replaced (ABS non-functional), air-bag control module replaced
Overall review: A very popular vehicle but I wouldn't buy another one. Consumer Reports says '08 Escape is one of the vehicles to avoid if buying used. While it has never left me stranded, it has had way too many defects
Ford Escape, the best designed small SUV for the money. by Dan from Newton, MA. on 01/30/2012. Trim: 2008 Ford Escape XLS 4WD AT, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Great visibility to the rear, without the sloping beltline, wedge shaped rear side windows, and rear mounted spare blocking the view like a lot of other small SUV's. Plenty of front seat shoulder and legroom for both driver and passenger, something not found on the imports. AWD is something all vehicles should have, it sure beats getting stuck in the snow and ice and freezing to death in the winter! Great reliable transportation for not a lot of money. I hope FORD keeps this practical vehicle design pretty much just the way it is!
Cons: Would like to see 5 mph bumpers on all vehicles, this one included. Could use window vent shades and full length door edge strips. Other than that, what's not to like?
Overall review: Best designed small SUV for the money. Buy it!
Nice looking Midsize SUV by carlie on 11/13/2010. Trim: 2008 Ford Escape XLT 4WD V6, Owned 1 year.
Pros: just love driving this ford,Im 6'-4" lot's of head room for a Midsize.
Cons: seat's- front seat's stain easlly in lighter colors' if I ever buy another escape it will be with leather.
Overall review: lot's of room for a Midsize SUV.
Perfect for my needs by Neal on 02/22/2010. Trim: 2008 Ford Escape XLT FWD V6, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The 200HP V6 is very peppy. It allows me to tow a trailer and have 4-5 passengers comfortably. The gas mileage is impressive for a SUV. It is a two wheel drive as I do not plan on going off road, however the traction control is impressive in the snowy and icy Minnesota winters. Comfortable and quiet ride, a friend always comments on the comfort compared to his convertible. The folding rear seats are convenient for larger items.
Cons: None
Overall review: I would definitely recommend it for anyone shopping for a SUV. I have had it for two years and no problems