2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid

An American SUV that gets OVER 30mpg in the city! by Family of Five on 08/15/2008. Trim: 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: An SUV that gets OVER 30mpg in the city! I have been getting 32 in town and on the Highway without trying. My wife loves it. We cut our fuel bill in half. Overall excellent quality. Seats up to 5.
Cons: Just a couple petty things. Exposed screw head down in the door handles...the only cheapy looking thing on the whole car. No seat position memory for the driver seat... I am tall, my wife is short. No power seat option for the passenger seat...ours was ordered with every available option.
Overall review: An SUV that gets OVER 30mpg in the city! This is the kind of vehicle that can get Ford back on track.
Bring on the Plug-In version!!! by Jay from Rancho Cucamonga on 11/17/2010. Trim: 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4X2, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great styling, great gas mileage, I'm 6'2" so it's a bit tight. Can't wait for the plug-in version!!! :-)
Cons: Well i have a problem with the dome light... but hopefully the dealer will fix it.
Overall review: Love my Ride!!!
Great little SUV by MB on 06/20/2008. Trim: 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: For an SUV, even a small one, this car gets great gas mileage. I love the "moon and tune" package and the heated seats. I had read in consumer reports that there were some issues with the brakes but I have not noticed any with this model (while I did, strangely, notice a "harder braking" when I test drove the Ford version even though the two cars are supposed to be identical).
Cons: Slight accelaration noise similar to emergency vehicles but I stopped noticing that after the first couple of months.
Overall review: With gas prices climbing towards the five dollar mark, the $3000 rebate won't last long. Between that, the gas mileage, the satellite radio and the DVD navigation, this car is a great deal! And it is so much more roomy and attractive than the prius that I test drove, especially since I needed a little more cargo space to haul my German Shepherd around.
A Hidden Gem !! by Joel from Maryland on 02/12/2008. Trim: 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything. Not perfect, but so much about this vehicle is good to excellent.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: Have had my 4x2 Hybrid since October '07 and still feel excited when I drive it. I bought it with all of the options including SAT radio and NAV, moonroof, alum wheels, etc. You could quibble over some things like engine noise on acceleration, however, with the savings in gas $ and the tax credit, this vehicle is a GREAT bargain! New eco-friendly technology in a smart and economical package. I'm very pleased that I purchased this vehicle.
Great for travel. by AIRTIMELUVR, OHIO on 12/28/2007. Trim: 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: We love the Mariner, came with everything it could from the factory. Added exterior running boards and all bug shields. Still gets 29mpg in and around the city, getting 32mpg on trips. From the soft seats, seat warmers, satilite radio, to the easy of use navigation, this is the most comfortable drivers compartment I found before I perchased. Son playes travel hockey and the nav. 4X4 and the mpg are a great plus in winter travel. We have had this car since April 07 with no complaints at all.
Cons: Could use electric heat and air conditioning to cut down on mpg loss, or radio controls on steering wheel, and blue tooth, or some form of phone connection.
Overall review: I would recommend a Mariner to anyone looking for good mpg, and still have room for 4 with the room for the bags to travel with them.
Review ID: #520753 Is this review offensive?