2008 Mercury Mariner

2008 Mercury Mariner Prices
2008 Mercury Mariner Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Cute car by Ariana on 11/02/2009. Trim: 2008 Mercury Mariner I4 4X2, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The look - I still like it. The room in the trunk and the foldable seats are very usefull.
Cons: I don't like that most of the interior is plastic and also it has no power at all. I hate when I accelarate it takes forever.
Overall review: Overall it's a nice looking car and I wish they start making it with a little more power
Disappointing by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/04/2013. Trim: 2008 Mercury Mariner Premier 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Looks great if taken very well care of.
Cons: You don't know when, but eventually your power steering will shut off while you are driving. Research about it online and see how Ford refuses to man up and admit they made a dangerous mistake.It makes it worse that the sensor that causes it fail is located deep inside the steering column and costs $1,400 to repair. Interior and exterior do not hold up. Paint is peeling off, the leather looks worn and no matter how much I clean, the dash and interior looks dirty (it is the cheap dimpled texture). There is a design flaw in the seats where a thick metal wire on the backs rubs against the leather on the inside. A few rubs or hits to it causes it to break and break through the leather.
Overall review: Not pleased that Ford refuses to recall their dangerous vehicle.
I LOVE this car! by Lisa, Kentucky on 07/29/2011. Trim: 2008 Mercury Mariner I4 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I LOVE this car! This is definately one of the best choices I've made. The Mariner is so fun to drive and handles like a car, which makes it easy to drive in town and to park in tight spaces. I have the Moon and Tune package, along with the cargo package and it's a great deal! I love the 6-CD changer and the moonroof is great. I also really like the privacy glass. Gas mileage has been great and I've been averaging around 25 MPG. The cargo area is pretty large and is just what I needed. There is plenty of leg room, even for my son who's 6'3". If you are looking for a nice, easy and fun to drive SUV... here it is!
Cons: I do wish the glove box was bigger as it's difficult to get the car's manuals inside. I also am not a huge fan of the silver plastic trim pieces; they can scratch easily. But these are very minor things and definately did not dissuade me from buying the Mariner.
Overall review: Excellent car for the money. This is the second Mercury I've had and they are definately well-built American cars. The ride is so smooth and comfortable, the sound system is great, and there is very little road noise. Definately a win!
Most Excellent Small SUV by Joe from Hendersonville TN on 09/05/2010. Trim: 2008 Mercury Mariner Premier 4X2, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Plenty of headroom throughout passenger compartment. Adjustable front seats and lumbar support can be set to whatever is comfortable giving minimal driver fatigue on long drives. Has about the best AC of any vehicle I've owned. Heats up quickly in cold weather too. Handles more like a sedan than an SUV; fun to drive. Averaged about 19.5 MPG on combined city/highway driving. I replaced the factory air filter with a hi-flow filter and boosted the mileage to 22.0 (and this is with the large V6 engine). NOTE: Using only NO ETHANOL gas will add an additional 10% to your MPG. This has been the perfect family vehicle, not too large nor too small and very versatile. Very Happy with it.
Cons: I cannot say much bad about this vehicle. Be careful; the bottom prong holding the tail light assembly does NOT pull out like the manual says. I broke one changing a bulb. Sometimes the CD changer acts up, but that could be my own fault since I burn some audio CDs. Most manufacturer's installed systems don't like them. The one problem we had with the duel air controls after three trips and several months to the dealer wasn't resolved. I called Ford's Consumer Division. They sent me to another dealer and the problem was fixed in three days. They went out of the way to make us happy, even provided a vehicle no charge while they worked on it and kept appologizing. I was impressed.
Overall review: Overall, I can say this has been the perfect vehicle for our needs. Not too large nor too small. Good MPG. Good ride. We feel we got our money's worth. Its been very reliable. Very manueverable and responsive. I would definitely recommend the 2008 Mercury Mariner.
I'm A Happy Man by HARLEY MAN on 10/23/2008. Trim: 2008 Mercury Mariner I4 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This little SUV has suprised us at every turn. It has surpassed our expectations and delivers 27-30 mpg highway and consistently averages 23+ in the city. A pleasant suprise from the stickers 20-26. My wife loves her Mariner and drives it daily to work and back. I like it as well for its stingy use of fuel.
Cons: The sattelite radio expired in 6 months, bummer. I'm too cheap to spring for the $13 a month.
Overall review: My wife loves it I'm happy, man what a vehicle.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next