2007 Dodge Magnum

Great Family Car but Purposely Hamstrung by Daimler Benz! by zacchaeus on 04/10/2011. Trim: 2007 Dodge Magnum SXT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Styling is awesome, mileage is not bad @ 28-30 mpg (US Gal.) @ 70 mph, comfortable driver's cockpit--lots of leg and knee room, VERY versatile in cargo management! This car is a workhorse with regards to it ability to haul long items--just remove the front passenger's head rest, tilt the seat back all the way, and "PRESTO!" you can put a nine foot object in and shut the rear hatch! My six-foot-tall son never complains about the rear seat leg room and comfort on 2,000 mile trips! This is the ultimate family trip-mobile, in that its extremely comfortable and relatively economical. Rear power outlet is awesome too, as it allows another plug-in for electronic devices.
Cons: Sight lines out the front are obscured by the low roofline, so traffic lights are sometimes hard to see. NO BACKUP CAMERA! Engine could have been designed better to put out 275 instead of 250 hp with the same mileage--thanks for nothing Mercedes! Also, Mercedes could have shared their six speed transmission with Dodge on this project for a much better performing vehicle. Suspension wallows at low speeds around town, and makes it a little tricky to maneuver in traffic. Transmission is slow to engage in cold temperatures when first started. Throttle tip-in is slow, and so responses are somewhat sluggish when starting out as well. Those SEATS! Who designed them? They're not comfortable up front
Overall review: What's so frustrating about this car is that without ever having to go to a V8 engine, this could have been an awesome car. Imagine no options; just AWD, 4.0 litre v6, 300 HP, 300 lb-ft of torque, 6-speed tiptronic transmission, redesigned front seats, tightened and tuned air suspension, 4100 pound curb weight, automatic load leveling rear suspension, backup camera w/GPS and satellite radio, foglights, leather interior, with the only option being the exterior colour of the car. By limiting the options to colour only, the price per vehicle could hit the $30,000.00 USD sweet spot, and they'd sell like hotcakes! Oh, and did I mention, they're made in Canada? AWESOME!
Review ID: #551940 Is this review offensive?
A Custom "looking" Wagon with Plenty of Zoom! by Wonder in Colorado on 02/26/2009. Trim: 2007 Dodge Magnum SXT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Excellent! I have owned my Inferno Red Magnum for 10 months and couldn't be happier! Plenty of torque for a 6 and gets Great gas milage on the highway. I live in Colorado and it handles the mountains effortlessly. My wife was a little freaked out about a 2WD at first, but the Magnum runs great in the snow. No need for the AWD in Denver, maybe in the mountains, but AWD drive would be overkill in the city. I fell in love with the body style when I first saw the Magnum. It reminded me of something George Barris would design. It gets a LOT of looks and comments and the best part is it runs as good as it looks! Rides like a Cadillac.
Cons: Interior is a little Spartan, but Very functional!
Overall review: I've owned cars for over 40 years and this is my absolute favorite!
A True Eyecatcher! by Lady Love on 12/24/2008. Trim: 2007 Dodge Magnum SXT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: All I can say is this vehicle is wonderful!! I was sceptical at first because it was a station wagon and my vehicle is candy apple red, but after I purchased and drove it for awhile I fell in love!! It's a real eyecatcher, but I'm loving it! OH, the gas mileage is wonderful!
Cons: Nothing!
Overall review: The Dodge Magnum is a fun car to drive and is reasonably priced!
great wagon for a Man by Robert FCYCINC San Bernardino CA on 10/09/2008. Trim: 2007 Dodge Magnum SXT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: the way it look just is great, I call it a man wagon, drove it to texas great on the hiway
Cons: some time in town bad gas milles
Overall review: Just love I can carry all my stuff in it we do a lot of Health fairs on the week ends I can put in my easyup tent, tables, and chairs, plus boxes of information to pass out
The magnum by Ryan Sp.. on 03/13/2008. Trim: 2007 Dodge Magnum SXT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have the v-6 and its faster than others that I have test drove.
Cons: window are very small which look awesome but hard to see out of.
Overall review: very cool lookin and great prices.