2007 Volvo S80

Great car - solid, trouble free, good looking, sub-standard gas mileage. by Nick from Des Moines, IA on 06/12/2011. Trim: 2007 Volvo S80 3.2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Smooth, quiet, comfortable, and rattle free (solid)
Cons: performance is adequate, slight engine noise (drone @cruise speeds - 2400rpm @72mph), gas mileage (only 21 city and 25 highway)
Overall review: I bought this car used with 64,000 miles. It is a great looking car that is extremely well built. Much more solid than the 2005 Audi A6 I previously owned (that car had more rattles than a 10 year old Yugo). Seats are extremely comfortable, however the natural tanning process they use is not resistant to normal conditioners and cleaners (I cleaned the dirty drivers seat and it removed some of the tanned leather on the right side of the seat bottom bolster). The gas mileage is very poor as compared to other manufacturers V6's in the 3.2l-3.5l variety. My Audi A6 Quattro got about 27-28mpg on the highway and this car only gets about 25-26mpg and it is only FWD and less powerful. I also had a larger displacement Saturn Aura (3.5l v6) and Chevy Impala (same motor) and they both got about 29mpg on the highway. I am disappointed that the S80 does so poorly. However, the positives outweigh the few negatives and I would highly recommend this vehicle.
Volvo the Bragging Not Auto that beats anything on the road. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/24/2012. Trim: 2007 Volvo S80 AWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Great car.,bought new now 80.000 miles later looks,rides,like new. never sorry I bought it except for the depreciation.
Cons: none
Overall review: not an impressive auto by any means just quiet elegance.
07 S80 V8. A keeper! by MW on 11/18/2013. Trim: 2007 Volvo S80 AWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Bulletproof! Drove my certified 07 for 50k (to 60k) with little to no issues. Traded it for a 2010 w/ 8k on the clock - couldn't resist getting the last v8. My 07 was always up to the job! Considering one? Get it
Cons: Nothing at all
Overall review: Safe, solid, quiet (except for that delightful v8 g r o w l!) fast comfortable - buy it - just bought my second V8 - love it!
Quiet Elegance by Claire on 10/11/2013. Trim: 2007 Volvo S80 3.2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the solid feel, comfortable seats, and great handling of this car. I was a Toyota Avalon owner for years, but would never go back now that I have owned a Volvo.
Cons: One option that is missing on mine (I bought it used) is that the lights do not stay on when I turn the car off. That is a feature I would include the next time around
Overall review: Excellent, trouble free car if you do the scheduled maintenances.
Relax, You're in a Volvo.... by Errol M. in Austin, Texas on 08/10/2010. Trim: 2007 Volvo S80 3.2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Looks great, feels great, and a genuine pleasure to drive. Found it unexpectedly as a loaded CPO with only 27k on it from our local Vovlo dealer. Far more room and comfort than my S60, although the footprint looks the same from the rear. (Gave my beloved S60 to my daughter, which made her day.) Comforting to know the chances of both of us surviving a wreck are higher.
Cons: Not quite the same "ooomph" as flooring the S60's turbo-five on the freeway. The 80's 3.2-six is not modest about its gas consumption either, although I'm using regular. I really don't feel any difference between the "comfort/sport/advance" driving settings.
Overall review: It may have been just luck of course, but having walked away from a tragic collision while driving a Volvo 850 has made me a loyalist to the brand. The S80 is about all the car I'll ever need or want on a daily basis. Surprisingly, my absolute favorite option (even I can't believe it) are the cooled and heated seats -- I use them everyday and they're simply terrific. Have not had any problems to date.