2007 Kia Rio

An amazing low priced work horse. by EddieLXIX on 08/24/2013. Trim: 2007 Kia Rio LX, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I bought this with four miles on it on 6/2/2007, and over the course of six years and two months since then, I have had almost no trouble in it. I have 110,000 miles on it and it has never broken down. The only repair made was a sensor for about $100. On the interstate, I can get 42 mpg, and in town I average 23. On August 20, 2013, a person in a 2010 Ford Fusion ran a red light and T-Boned me, hitting the passenger doors at about 35 miles per hour. It spun me once, did about 7,000 in damage, and has been declared a total loss, but I walked away with only bruises. This little thing took that really hard hit and I drove it to the shop. A real trooper. Best car for the dollar ever.
Cons: Less power than I would like, but for the money, what could you expect.
Overall review: This is a basic and low priced car. Don't expect to win at the street races. It has decent pick up and acceleration, but you won't confuse it for a billy goat when climbing hills. Not much else to complain about. I loved this car.
The ultimate Shop Queen by James MD on 02/13/2011. Trim: 2007 Kia Rio LX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Economy
Cons: Ok. I bought this car new. At 12000 miles I had to replace the front tires and the battery. At 22000 miles I had to replace the AC condenser. At 35000 miles I have had to replace the Master Cylinder, The calipers, resurface the rotors, and brake pads. Right now at 41000 miles I have the engine suspended and am currently working to replace the transmission shaft seal. Oh yea, good luck getting any kind of tech manual on this car, and parts are hard to come by. You have to go through the dealers to get any kinds of parts and the markup is ridiculous.
Overall review: Nightmare. I've nicknamed this car can't get right.
Not pleased by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/15/2013. Trim: 2007 Kia Rio LX, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Great gas mileage
Cons: Not very comfortable for long trips. Had to fix the transmission before it had 85k miles on it. Couldn't fit a child car seat in the back while still being comfortable in the front. Not a great family car!
Overall review: Not a great car
one of the BEST first cars to own by mario on 11/25/2012. Trim: 2007 Kia Rio Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: affordable in every aspect
Cons: low impact security on high speed collision
Overall review: very nice, reliable and soft to own and operate
I'd buy another one... by Diane on 05/16/2012. Trim: 2007 Kia Rio LX, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Extremely reliable. No major work performed - Just kicked over 130k miles Handles well.
Cons: Hard to see in traffic. Small interior. Good for one person - not a family.
Overall review: Great car for the money. Very dependable. Gas mileage is okay, around 30. I drive a lot - highway and local.