2007 Jeep Commander

its got a hemi by oscar on 09/10/2009. Trim: 2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4X4, Owned 2 years.
Pros: the power and it looks sweet lifted
Cons: it loves gas
Overall review: i love it love it
A Great Family Vehicle by SK from the bustling metropolis of Montpelier, Idaho. on 02/10/2008. Trim: 2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The stadium seating is great for a 2 1/2 year old sitting in the backseat can see all the sights. Seats are comfortable. Have driven for almost 2000 miles and the milage is better than EPA estimates. On one roadtrip got 22 mpg while driving 65 on the freeway. Warms up quickly which is helpful in the cold winter weather. Ipod input jack is great and stereo is great for stock. The headlights are awesome work great especially in a snow storm able to see great.
Cons: Had a problem with the shift module malfunctioning causing the park assist system to malfunction. But since having it replaced under warranty works great. Oil dip stick is in a hard to get to place. No hidden storage because of the stadium seating.
Overall review: Looked at a number of SUV's for our growing family (2 1/2 and another on the way). The size is just what we wanted with the third row being an added bonus we were looking for. The third row is not as bad as I anticipated I sat in it and was not too uncomfortable. OK legroom for a third row and I'm 6'1". Handles awesome in the snow. I have tried to make it spin traveling down snow covered canyon roads without any success. The wheels just won't spin no matter how hard I have tried. Have driven Durangos quite a bit and like the handling and ride of the Commander much better. I was not a Jeep fan until my wife made me go for a ride in the Commander. I can honestly say now I am a HUGE Jeep fan!! The V6 has plenty of power and accelerates just as good as the 4.7 in a Durango I have driven. Plus having the iPod input jack is great for road trips. Overall a great vehicle and would recommend checking it out before passing judgement and spending more money on another vehicle.
Love our Commander by Becky on 09/22/2009. Trim: 2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great Riding Vehicle! Great get up and go with the 4.7 Litre motor. Gas Mileage is on the short side of 19 miles to the gallon on the freeway... We didn't buy it to get great mileage
Cons: None
Overall review: It's a Jeep Thing! Nothing else needs to be said
Just the Facts, ma'am by Michelle from Kansas City on 07/11/2008. Trim: 2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: We're grandparents to 2 toddlers & a 6 y/o who we take everywhere. I drive a '98 Acura coupe, He drives a 2-door '99 Dodge Ram. Time for an Extreme Makeover. Not going back to a mini-van; with 5 kids, I lived in our Town & Country for 15 years. This Commander is Perfect! We bought a pre-owned base model w/20k miles. Maybe I'm spoiled, but I wish we would have upgraded a bit...we take it everywhere. So easy to park, turning radius is a nice surprise and I love the ease in reconfiguration for passenger space and/or cargo. My 6'3, 350# husband fits in both sides comfortably. The exterior styling is so cool, and it's easy to add on aftermarket accessories. I feel 35 again!
Cons: The cloth seats absorb EVERYTHING. Kids are bound to have spills--Sippy cups are not infallible, but come on...a sneeze? Droplets of condensation from my cups leave dots on the grey interior. Best to invest in self-applied fabric protector as well as seat covers. MPG is lower than we're used to, but we knew that going in. Back seat comfort is not great, and if you have the third seat up, don't plan on any cargo room. My purse barely fits between the tailgate and the rear seat. The back up sensors are great- they should be on the corners of the rear bumpers, as well - visibility is lacking. There have been a few factory recalls, but nothing major. We, however, have had no performance issues.
Overall review: I love this SUV. It's fun, it's different and perfect for our lifestyle. I run a lot of errands to pick up big items, but for appointments across town, I take my coupe. If this will be your main vehicle, DEFINITELY consider the upper end interior appointments (i.e., leather seating, multi cd changer, DVD player). Given the rising cost of gas, lifestyle should be the determining factor.
Fun to Drive by Road runner from the Carolinas on 07/27/2010. Trim: 2007 Jeep Commander Overland 4X2, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love this ride, a real man luxury SUV. Had it for 3 years no problems. 55k still looks new and smell new. Look out mustang, big daddy comming through!
Cons: Need bigger gas tank!!!
Overall review: Love it!