2007 Infiniti G35

Great sports sedan for a reasonable price by Nelly from Philly on 01/23/2011. Trim: 2007 Infiniti xAWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is my first "luxury car" and I am happy with all the features Infiniti has to offer. Heated leather seats with lumbar support, bluetooth, standard LCD screen for all trims, intelligent key etc. At 306 hp the G35 is the best bang for the buck ~ a comparative BMW would cost at least 10K more (the 3 series even has leather seats "optional"!??). The Infiniti G35 has great acceleration (zero to 60 in 5.5 seconds) and the interior is super quiet even above 90 mph on the highway. In Japan, the Infiniti G35 is sold under the "Nissan Skyline" marque ~ which makes me feel like I am driving a legendary sports car.
Cons: Poor gas mileage! I drive mostly in the city and get close to 15.2 mpg (displayed on the trip computer) and I use only premium fuel. When I asked the Infiniti dealer, the agent said all Infiniti's esp the G35 gets poor mileage. I am dissatisfied with the mileage because the specs state 19 city and 25 highway for my G35x and I wished to get at least 18 in the city. I also drive a Honda accord which gets 23 mpg on average (specs: 22 city and 30 highway).
Overall review: One more negative: Everything looks complicated under the hood. Last month my left parking light bulb blew out and I tried to replace it myself. Everything is cramped and there is no way to remove the bulb without either removing the front bumper or the left front wheel. So I went to the Infiniti dealer and they quoted me $75 for replacing a $6 bulb! (they had to remove the front wheel to access the bulb). OVERALL: Apart from the poor mpg, I love everything about this car. The styling, the features and performance all exceeded my expectations. On the inside it feels like it was designed by an artist with a beautiful taste. I have beige interior with wood trim on the dashboard. I get compliments every time someone steps into my car!
An amazing balancing act of sport and luxury. Period. by Dad will not settle. on 04/15/2012. Trim: 2007 Infiniti Journey, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Incredible acceleration and braking power. It is absolutely fun to drive. Interior is well-appointed,.
Cons: Given the sheer power of the engine, it can take some time to get used to driving this car at "lower" speeds (between 0 and 40) because you will end up going above the limit if you are not paying attention. Odd AUX hookup (dated, I guess). In 2012, I don't care much for it's older-style navigation user interface, but it's a minor annoyance that's easily forgiven. If I had a few more thousand to spare, I would get a 2009 or 2010 instead, but if navigation is not a big deal for you, there's no reason to pay more.
Overall review: This is probably the sportiest sedan you can buy out there anywhere near this price range. It is no exaggeration to say that this is like driving a 4-door, luxury Nissan Z 350.
Top notch by Rupdog326 on 01/28/2008. Trim: 2007 Infiniti xAWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Excellent performance and handling.
Cons: Gas mileage.
Overall review: There is no better bang for the buck.
GM Quality is probably better than this by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/11/2007. Trim: 2007 Infiniti Journey, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It's certainly fast. If you think 18 MPG combined is good, it has good gas mileage. Yes, this is SUV territory for MPG. Most authors here have only owned their G35 for a few weeks/days. Mine is 10 months old, so yes, the honeymoon period is well over and now it may be time for a divorce. You get less body roll on the G35x, I had a loaner and there is a big differrence.
Cons: Build issues (TSBs are the ITBxx-xx number below) Wiring harness replaced on seat heaters - ITB07-014 Air leak in rear window caused whistling - ITB07-004 Sun roof finisher came off - ITB07-001b Chipped radiator grill - dealer will not replace, wait for TSB? Gas cap tether broke off - ITB07-019 Voice tags randomly wiped - ITB07-015a Keys die if placed next to phone - recall all owners keys, going on now ITB07-026 Buzzing from left side of instrument housing (it's not the glasses holder) Buzzing from rear parcel shelf Rattle from exhaust when accelerating modestly Door seal came off - ITB07-034 Sunroof seal issue - ITB07-032
Overall review: I am not alone here with these issues, you can see them in g35driver dot com from far too many people for a higher class brand. If you live close to a dealer, buy one. If not, it's going to be like owning a VW. You will get to know the technicians by first name and miss time from work taking the car in. Service Dept is great, I just would rather not have to find that out.
Great G35x update by J in Wisconsin on 02/19/2007. Trim: 2007 Infiniti xAWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Drives great!
Cons: Could get better gas mileage.
Overall review: Fantastic car and best performance for the money.