2007 Lexus RX 400h

Luxury at its Best by Darlene from the Bay Area on 11/08/2007. Trim: 2007 Lexus RX 400h All Wheel Drive, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I absolutely love this car. I had to trade in my 2-seater SLK for an SUV when I had my son. Buying a hybrid was important to us for the environment. This car is also top of the line in luxury. The interior is beautiful and comfortable. The navigation system is the best there is - much better than Mercedes. The rear camera, automatic wipers, automatic rear door, automatic everything have completely spoiled me. Handling is great. Acceleration is much better than other luxury SUVs, like the ML350. Bluetooth for hands free talking. Gas mileage is good - average 24 mpg. I just love this car and will probably only buy Lexus vehicles from now on.
Cons: No matter how much I love this vehicle, there are a few cons. For safety reasons, most phone and navigation controls are disabled while the car is in motion. Passengers can't even access. It's a bit extreme. Is it really better for me to mess around with my actual phone instead? Climate control - you can only change temp from main console. To change fan speed or direction, you have to go to the Climate screen. They disable phone/nav system while in motion, but make you go to a screen to control climate. Doesn't make sense to me. Voice dialing still needs some work. Back seat can get tight with a car seat in the middle. A full-size stroller pretty much fills the trunk.
Overall review: Despite the cons, I would still buy this car again and again and again. This is a fantastic car. We also looked at the Highlander Hybrid, ML350, and Land Rover LR8 (I think). If you can't afford the hefty price tag, the Highlander Hybrid is a close second. Not quite as luxurious, but many similar features. The LR8 had some neat features, like the hydrolics that lower the side of the car to make it easy to get in. But at 14 mpg, we couldn't do it to the environment or our pocketbook. I've driven American and German made cars. This is my first Japanese, and I will always buy Japanese from now on. Thank you Lexus for realizing that people want both luxury and environmentally friendly in their SUV.
Sophisticated and subtle luxury. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/03/2013. Trim: 2007 Lexus RX 400h Front Wheel Drive, Owned 6 years.
Pros: It is the most comfortable car I ever owned....my favorite by far. The gas mileage isn't as good as a small compact car, but then you didn't really think it would be - did you? I feel good that it is not harming the environment.
Cons: Expensive when repairs are needed.
Overall review: If you drive it like a non-hybrid, then the gas mileage will be like that too. If you want it to perform at higher speeds, expressway driving, etc. then it does a great job.
The Best SUV. by Miester on 05/05/2013. Trim: 2007 Lexus RX 400h All Wheel Drive, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Luxury, ride, style, power, efficiency....all as good as you could want. AWD is superb in snow ...came up a steep hill w/ 8" snow on road..no problem. Love the adaptive headlights as we live off a curvy gravel mountain road. Terrific on road trips...have taken 2 trips over 5000 miles each.
Cons: Need to drive carefully to optimize MPG...no heavy foot..
Overall review: This is my 5th Lexus since 1992. I own 2 now and will not buy another brand .
Dream Vehicle and Green to boot! by LJB on 04/09/2008. Trim: 2007 Lexus RX 400h All Wheel Drive, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love everything about this car. I have been in the automobile industry now for 35 years..this is as good as it gets! 32 MPG combined! Quiet and luxurious! Can't say enough good about it.
Cons: None!
Overall review: Fantastic. And I feel good about not contributing to the masses of pollution.
My best car....bar none by Jay from SW Florida on 03/04/2008. Trim: 2007 Lexus RX 400h All Wheel Drive, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Acceleration is top-notch....gas mileage better than average.....quiet as a church and an overall great value for the money
Cons: Nothing !
Overall review: The best car I have ever had ( I am 58 years young and have had dozens of cars over the last 42 years )