2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
Will it hold up? by Hagerstown, MD on 10/07/2008. Trim: 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara XSport 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Nice little SUV for the price. Gas mileage not too bad for highway commuting. Lots of features; sunroof, 6 disk in dash, XM. Rear folding seat is nice. Sleek look on the outside. So far I've got 33,000 miles in the first year; no mechanical problems yet! Roomy on the inside, to fit the whole family.
Cons: Oil Changes every 3500 miles, most cars now days recommend every 5000. I've had a severe problem with paint bubbling and chipping. Vol/Radio/Cruise controls on steering column not illuminated and the paint rubs off easily. Interior items seem cheap; seats, dash and steering wheel. Not much comfort for the driver. The question is will it hold up for at least 100K miles?
Overall review: I think I was very happy when I first bought the vehicle, but now after a year I can't help but second guess the purchase.
Reliable and Affordable SUV by Jim K on 06/06/2011. Trim: 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara Base 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Great handling in the snow. Good headroom for tall people/
Cons: The original factory "Yokohoma Geolanders" tires were only good for 25K miles. Vehicle road noise is louder than other suvs in its class. Factory "steel" rims tend to rust quickly. City and Rural Driving only getting 18MPG and Highway driving is appox 23MPG.
Overall review: This vehicle has been very reliable and great for navigating thru snow storms. The base model is affordable at $23,000. Good Crossover SUV.
2007 Suzuki Grand Viatara by Adam from Jackson, MI on 09/24/2008. Trim: 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara Base 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love this car. Before this I had a '99 VW Cabrio which is a small convertible, now I have a semi-beefy Suzuki and it even gets better gas mileage. UNBELIEVABLE! It is sleek looking with a MPG estimator (which works very well), A/C adapter in a very convenient place so i can plug my iPod into, and the sunroof is a great touch. One complaint I have about it is when I go down a dirt road dirt can get between the door and body of the car making it hard to clean with a normal car wash, but if that is the only complaint I have about this thing than I would say that this is one of the most overlooked, peppy, luxurious, gas sipping SUV's on the market. Buy It.
Cons: Only the dirt between the door and the body of the car.
Overall review: Just buy it.
Can't beat this SUV for Value by George from sw Pa. on 01/07/2008. Trim: 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: With 5000 miles on it now, I like the power, handling and overall feel no matter if I'm on the Highway @ 70MPH or zipping down rough a twisty back road. Great Stereo, quiet well laid out interior and more than enough room for four to travel for a week. The 25%Front-75%Rear All-Wheel drive is excellent. With 3 snow storms passed, I still haven't had to use the 4 Wheel Lock. Night and day difference in every way from the 2000 Kia Sportage 4x4 I traded in.
Cons: Front seats need more padding for my back side, especially on trips. My wife finds them to be perfect for her. Although the performance is more than sufficient, the gas mileage with the V-6 could be a bit better. I primarily drive in the hilly suburbs of Pittsburgh without much open highway driving and I've been getting about 19 MPG AVG out of a tank full.
Overall review: Other than the personal problem I have with the front seat padding and 19 MPG around town, I find it to be an excellent vehicle. $ to $ you can't beat it for value. With all the standard options on the Luxury Model you would spend almost $30,000 for the other auto makers similarly optioned SUV's of the same size.
Mini Grand Cherokee by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/28/2007. Trim: 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: beautiful design, large standard wheels, genius keys
Cons: Hard suspension and limited optional original accessories
Overall review: Good overall value for money
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next